Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) is seeking an experienced Quality Manager to plan, coordinate, and direct the quality assurance program to ensure quality production of products consistent with established standards. This position is located at our Aerospace manufacturing plant in Sylmar, CA.
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) holds the number one global market position in aerospace fastening systems and rings, and we're the North American leader in commercial transportation fasteners. Our rings and high-tech, multi-material fastening systems are found nose to tail on aircraft and aero engines. Our products are also critical components of industrial gas turbines, automobiles, commercial transportation vehicles, and construction and industrial equipment. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs over 7,500 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries-such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career. Key Responsibilities:
- Supervise and schedule all Final Inspection and Lab and testing activities in order to achieve maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
- Design and prepare procedures to support Quality operations.
- Maintain effective operations selection, development, training and motivation of personnel.
- Coordinate and conduct customer and accreditation audits of the Quality operations.
- Ensure that Gage calibration system is effective and complies with company operating procedures.
- Ensure that testing operations are performed within guidelines of customer and national accreditation requirements.
- Maintain a record and documentation system for testing and calibration that complies with both Alcoa Fastening Systems and customer accreditation requirements.
- Maintenance of all necessary requirements of the ISO9000:2000/AS9100 approved system
- Management of external quality and special process audits assuring a high level of performance as exhibited by audit results. This includes preparation of necessary documentation to support an international customer base and the processing of ITAR forms
- Enhance and implement effective measurement on quality performance with specific focus on customer complaints and product consistency
- Enhance and implement the internal audit system and associated corrective actions
- Manage and improve the non conforming material review and control process
- Provide technical assistance to Manufacturing, Engineering and other support departments on Inspection procedures and operations.
- Participate in the performance of customer and Industry accreditation audits of testing and calibration issues.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to complete routine documentation. Ability to speak clearly and effectively with Managers, Supervisors and Coworkers.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills - experience with ERP systems (prefer Syteline); proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Institution
- Minimum 10 years of Quality Assurance experience in manufacturing
- Minimum 2 years of Quality experience in the aerospace industry
- Minimum 2 years of management/supervisory experience
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Prefer the Bachelor's degree is in Engineering, from an accredited institution
- Prefer 5+ years of management/supervisory experience
- Experience with Nadcap and AS9100 requirements
- Experience with the use of shop measuring instruments and mechanical inspection equipment (micrometer, calipers, comparator, torque testers, etc.)
- Quality Engineering certification (ASQ CQE, CQA)
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.