Are you an energetic and dependable employee that takes pride in your craft? Would you like to be part of a dynamic and growing aerospace manufacturing business in Savannah, GA? Arconic Forgings and Extrusions (AFE)
is looking for a qualified Quality Manager at our Savannah, Georgia location. Our organization is dedicated to rapid, profitable growth through continuous capital investment, operational excellence and career development. Arconic
is a company that promotes and develops from within with worldwide opportunities. If you are interested in a career with our facility, where our business has doubled in revenue in first five years of existence, we encourage you to apply. Arconic Forgings and Extrusions (AFE)
serves the global aerospace and automotive markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of extrusions and forgings in our industry. Headquartered in Cleveland, OH; AFE
employs 3,400 people in 5 countries at 16 locations. AFE
is a business unit of Arconic
Position Profile :
The Quality Manager will be instrumental in developing and executing the day-to-day activities that will be essential to driving total quality management (TQM) and act as a key liaison to our customers. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in developing and executing the following: AS 9100, Nadcap, Non-Destructive & Destructive Testing, customer quality specification and a comprehensive knowledge of statistical process control (SPC) and Lean/Six Sigma.
Essential Functions : This is a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities, and is not all inclusive. Incumbent(s) may and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
- Design and prepare procedures to support Quality operations.
- Manage quality team by developing, training and motivating personnel.
- Develop and execute an annual quality plan for the location with measurable outcomes based on business and customer needs.
- Coordinate and conduct customer and accreditation audits of the Quality System and associated operations.
- Ensure that testing operations are performed within guidelines of customer and national accreditation requirements.
- Issue quality alerts to communicate customer feedback to the organization.
- Administer quality training to educate workforce on critical customer and industry requirements.
- Lead process improvement initiatives on testing methods, tooling and equipment to ensure adequate quality in our manufactured product.
- Maintenance of all necessary requirements of the ISO9000:2000/AS9100 approved system
- Management of external quality and special process audits assuring a high level of performance as exhibited by audit results. This includes preparation of necessary documentation to support an international customer base and the processing of ITAR forms
- Enhance and implement effective measurement on quality performance with specific focus on customer complaints and product consistency
- Manage and improve the non-conforming material review and control process
- Provide technical assistance to Manufacturing, Engineering and other support departments on Inspection procedures and operations.
- Participate in the performance of customer and Industry accreditation audits of testing and calibration issues.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to complete routine documentation. Ability to speak clearly and effectively with Managers, Supervisors and Coworkers.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills - experience with ERP systems; proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
Physical Demands :
- Often required to wear common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats.
- Continuously required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Location/Environmental Requirements : Nickel and titanium manufacturing facility. Exposure to: moving mechanical parts; wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold, extreme heat, vibration; loud noise levelBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 7 years of Quality experience in a manufacturing facility
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Prefer the Bachelor's degree is in Engineering, from an accredited institution
- Minimum 10 years of Quality experience in a manufacturing facility
- Minimum 2 years of Quality experience in the aerospace industry
- Prefer 5+ years of management/supervisory experience
- Experience with Nadcap and AS9100 requirements
- Experience with the use of shop measuring instruments and mechanical inspection equipment (micrometer, calipers, comparator, torque testers, etc.)