Job Description :
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
Manage through subordinates the coordination of the activities of a section or department in the Quality organization. Is responsible for results in terms of product quality and conformance to regulations and Baxter quality policies. In some instances, this manager may be responsible for a functional area and may not have subordinates.
• Manage the activities of a section or department in the Quality organization with responsibility for results in terms of product quality, performance and safety. In some instances this manager may be responsible for a functional area.
• Implements the quality systems procedures and manages compliance in a section or department.
• Write, approve and manage CAPAs within the area of responsibility.
• Understands and assures conformance to regulations in a section or department. Interfaces with regulators during regulatory inspections.
• May participate in or manage quality assessments of internal operations and suppliers to analyze compliance and assess risk.
• Interacts frequently with subordinate supervisors and functional peer group managers
• Identifies and manages continuous improvement projects with the objective of achieving quality, reliability and cost improvements.
• Manages the coaching, training and development of subordinates.
• Thorough knowledge of applicable procedures, specifications, regulations and standards.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to manage/supervise a team of employees.
• Good communication and leadership skills.
• Good interpersonal/communication/influencing/negotiation skills.
• Good project management skills.
BS in science or engineering. 5+ years experience in Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering or related field which should include 1-2 years of supervisory experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.