Associated Materials is the parent company for leading building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If you're searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI! Job Description
The Plant Quality Manager is responsible for leading plant quality compliance, product quality improvement, and manufacturing process capability. This position leads continuous improvement activities to improve product and process quality and leads root cause and corrective action activities to resolve field and in-plant quality issues.
- Advise, consult and lead corrective actions, process improvements and implementation of a "quality culture" in the plant environment.
- Improve the quality of assigned products, processes, manufacturing areas and outcomes.
- Lead root cause investigations and corrective actions to resolve quality related issues.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through routine review of field performance data and corrective action.
- Define and lead quality initiatives and engineering projects to improve product quality and process capability.
- Incorporate the use of Lean/Six Sigma tools and methods in team activities and business problem-solving.
- Improve process discipline through the deployment of basic quality tools (ex. Standard work, Layered Process Audits).
- Drive process capability through deployment of quality control tools (CpK analysis, SPC, etc.)
- Locally and across the organization, champion corporate initiatives in quality and operational excellence.
- Expand the quality system infrastructure using ISO/QS/TS principles to ensure robust, repeatable, high-quality manufacturing processes.
- Ensure compliance with all government and industry standards/codes for product and process quality.
- Quality and Manufacturing Operations Leadership
- Plant Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Line Supervisors, Quality Engineers, Quality Technicians and Auditors
- Corporate Quality Team, Senior Operations Leadership
- BS in Mechanical, Chemical, Polymer or Materials Science Engineering. BS in Applied Sciences may be considered depending on experience.
- 5-8 years of quality/process management with a minimum of 5 years experience in which candidate had responsibility for the development and implementation of product and/or process quality.
- Expertise in ISO/QS/TS type quality systems is required. Proficiency with Excel, Minitab, Access and PowerPoint is expected.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com.
A little about us:
AMI is a leading manufacturer and wholesale distributor of professionally installed, exterior building products for remodeling and new construction.