*Quality Principal Engineer - Berwyn, PA*
As a market and technology leader in integration platform as a service (iPaaS), Dell Boomi is one of the hottest tech companies in the SaaS/Cloud industry, named a Leader for the third year in a row in the Gartner Enterprise iPaaS Magic Quadrant . Our award-winning , patented technology is transforming the world of integration by making enterprise-class integration technology accessible and affordable to companies of all sizes. Learn more at www.boomi.com
Dell Boomi, the market-leading provider of on-demand integration technology and the creator of AtomSphere, the industry's first-to-market Integration Cloud™, is recruiting for the position of Quality Engineer to provide technical product testing around the company’s software offerings.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated professional team player that is willing to work in a fast-paced, technology driven company where each individual’s contributions directly impact our success. The Quality Engineer's role is to work within an Agile team to gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. This will include writing test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems, and operations systems. The Quality Engineer will use a toolset of automated and manual testing, and apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for testing software product releases, features, improvements, and fixes.
- Review product requirements and user stories for testing purposes.
- Review and understand detailed business, functional and technical requirements
- Design, write and execute functional tests for software products.
- Document, communicate and facilitate correction of defects discovered during the product lifecycle, working with the developers and managers to ensure appropriate follow through to resolution.
- Develop test processes and strategies, and incorporate testing industry best practices into the existing process model.
- Rely heavily on automated testing for rapid and continuous validation of software changes.
- Act as a member of an agile software quality assurance team and provide input on requirements, design and application quality.
- Provide mentorship to peers and junior staff members.
- Understanding of web-based software application design and development.
- Ability to understand our products’, customers’ and partners’ needs.
- Familiarity with writing basic SQL queries.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing frameworks such as Robot, Selenium, or Cucumber.
- Experience validating highly scalable, high throughput web applications and backend systems.
- Occasional availability for after-hours or weekend production rollouts will be required.
- Understanding of quality assurance concepts, best practices and methodology.
- Experience contributing to success of an Agile team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A proactive style with the ability to follow through on commitments and understand the importance of deadlines.
- A strong desire to learn and grow, both personally and professionally in ways that will enhance job performance.
/ Company Description /
/ With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success. /
/ Why work with us? /
/ -Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology /
/ -When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution /
/ -Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships /
/ -We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential /
/ -Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work /
/ Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. /
**Job:** **Quality Engineer-SW Engr*
**Title:** *Quality Principal Engineer -Berwyn, PA*
**Requisition ID:** *16000LXM*