Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) is seeking a Quality Process Controller to perform Quality related function in forge department during production of seamless rings and open die forgings. Support Quality Improvement activities and non-conformance systems. This position is located in the Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings aerospace manufacturing facility in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; employing 8,000 people in 13 countries at 38 locations.
Key Responsibilities: This is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
- Support AFSR-Rancho's safety program
- Ability to perform all unit PC duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Record critical processing parameters in forge environment
- Perform optical pyrometer readings for tooling and material (on and off die) temperature
- Determine furnace soak times, ramp time and forging time
- Generate processing documentation for forging operations
- Maintain and archive documentation per company procedures
- Ensure processing documentation is completed accurately and submitted in a timely manner
- Conduct necessary shop audits.
- Perform forge furnace System Accuracy Tests (SATs).
- Communicate, as necessary, with QPCs and other departments (Forge, Technical, Quality, etc) to resolve outstanding items.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects within the QPC group and Process Engineering to support Operational, Technical and Quality Excellence.
- Must have correctable vision to meet the requirements of company work instructions and procedures.
- Must have a strong knowledge of AFSR-Rancho procedures and work instructions.
- Maintains a safe and organized workstation and follows all company policy, safety and procedures
- High school diploma or GED
- At least two years of manufacturing experience
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.