Dominion offers a full range of treatment programs with a special focus on crisis intervention and stabilization through our inpatient and partial hospitalization programs. Dominion is the only hospital in the region to offer unique children's psychiatric programs. Our inpatient programs provide 24-hour nursing care along with the full spectrum of psychiatric services, while our partial hospitalization program provides a highly structured environment during the day that allows patients to return home at night.
About The Risk Manager:
Responsibilities include coordination of the risk management, loss prevention and claims management programs that are designed to identify, assess and reduce potential risk associated with patients, visitors, staff, and medical staff of the hospital. Conducts timely and thorough investigations of patient, visitor, and security related incidents with documentation of findings. Maintains legal files, required reports, minutes, etc. Ensures confidentiality of all Risk Management records, reports and information. Acts as liaison with other departments and outside sources concerning the Risk Management Program. Assists with compliance of regulatory and accreditation agency risk management standards. Assists with education initiatives which include, but are not limited to new employees in orientation, current employees, visitors and students doing clinical rotations in the facility in an effort to increase patient satisfaction and reduce liabilities and exposures for the facility. Collaborate with all facility leadership and work as a liaison to the appropriate committees concerning the risk management program. Coordinate and integrate hospital wide patient safety activities that provide opportunities to enhance the provisions of safe patient care and treatment in a safe environment in conjunction with the Performance Improvement and Environment of Care Programs. Function as Patient Safety officer
Specific Job Functions
- Demonstrates the facility's Standards of Performance.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and electronic form
- Demonstrated ability of critical thinking, analytical and decision-making skills, and negotiation
- Demonstrated ability to perform advanced word processing and spreadsheet functions
- Adheres to standards of safety and infection control, in the delivery of patient care.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of and complies with all policies and procedures related to the performance of job duties
- Leads the root cause analysis process for identified sentinel events
- Leads the proactive risk assessment process using the FMEA framework
- Represents risk management on the environment of care committee
- Conducts with facilities management the annual safety and security risk assessment
- Manages the hospital incident reporting system
- Provides education of risk related activities as identified to hospital staff and leadership
- Manages the hospital risk reduction program
Education: Graduate of accredited college or university with a healthcare-related degree. Experience as an RN is preferred. 2 years related to clinical and/or risk management experience.
Licensure: Current RN license in Commonwealth of Virginia or Compact State.
Certifications: CPR/BLS (basic life support) required. Crisis Preventions Interventions (CPI) required as a part of the general hospital orientation. CPHQ/ CPHRM highly desirable.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in health care related field for quality management (Psychiatric related experience preferred). Supervisory and management experience required. Comfortable and skilled at working with physicians, health care providers and other stakeholders in the organization. Capable of gaining immediate credibility with individuals through experience, presentation, communication skills, empathy and c ompassion. Analytical skills including a working knowledge of basic statistics and
statistical analysis methodologies. Knowledge of PC based computer software. Ability to
work independently and interdependently.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom