Position Summary / Description
Act as the site’s Quality & EH&S Lead, oversees the implementation, maintenance and continual improvement of the site’s Environmental, Health & Safety, Quality Management System, and EHS / Quality Metrics performance. Works with site management and personnel to plan, develop, implement and continually improve site relevant EHS / QMS requirements, and to ensure sustainable compliance to customer, regulatory and RR Donnelley EHS / QMS requirements.
This role reports directly to the site manager and has a strong dotted-line report to the Platform EHS & Quality Lead within the business platform.
- Provides ongoing leadership and support for the maintenance and continual improvement of site Quality Management System (QMS) processes inclusive of food safety / contact & Medical Device / Pharma GMP’s as required.
- Provides ongoing leadership and support for the maintenance and continual improvement of site Environmental Health and Safety program & processes.
- Ensures that site QMS is in compliance with RRD QMS requirements including Quality Task Tracker and Quality Metrics reporting.
- When applicable, coordinates activities to maintain relevant Quality System requirements such as ISO 9001:2008, GMP (21 CFR Part 820) etc, including preparing for and scheduling of annual certification compliance audits.
- Informs site management on significant or potentially significant quality issues or on any issues for designated high risk accounts.
- Reviews all spoilage errors and any errors for designated high risk accounts and approves root cause analysis and corrective/preventive actions to ensure the risk of repeat is reduced or eliminated.
- Informs the Platform Quality Lead on significant or potentially significant quality issues
- Facilitates continual improvement through effective root cause analysis and corrective and preventive actions to reduce or eliminate errors.
- Responsible for the monitoring, measurement and trending of QMS processes including where applicable relevant GMP/HACCP Quality Metrics.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of relevant site QMS processes (such as ISO 9001:2008, GMP (21 CFR Part 820)) through internal audits and the evaluation of site Quality Metrics data.
- Collects and submits quality task tracker and quality metrics data for the site on a monthly basis and issues a report to the Platform Quality Lead.
- Interact with customers as requested and assist with quality related responses to RFP’s/RFI’s for the site.
- Where applicable review relevant GMP documents for compliance to company SOPs, quality systems, and regulatory requirements.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.