The Kilbourn Factory Quality Specialist role drives Quality improvement activities to ensure product consumer safety & overall quality. This includes day to day administration of HACCP, GMP, and other QA programs to ensure quality performance and compliance with internal and external regulations.
The Quality Specialist may be required to work on any shift to support the needs of the business, and on weekends as required.
- Oversee day to day operations and give functional guidance to Quality Technicians.
- Leads the implementation and verification of procedures to control non-conforming materials and products. Leads the NCM Process and disposition of non-conforming product
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and R&D as required to assess Quality of finished product. This could involve product testing.
- Investigate all product quality non-conformances. Assist in Consumer Safety investigations as required.
- Work closely with all departments (Production, Sanitation, Maintenance, R&D, Procurement) to identify and rectify any quality defects in products.
- Co-ordinate with warehouse to ensure product is dispositioned as per QA instructions in a timely manner.
- Assist production in investigating Defective Materials and follow up with suppliers.
- Provides feedback to the site through regular communication in daily operations meetings.
- Reports and communicates results, issues and improvements to relevant stakeholders. Manages and reports incidents in line with Unilever incident management procedures.
- Perform mock recalls or traceability exercises.
- Support quality and food safety programs including FDA, FSCC-22000 and other third party audits.
- Assist QA Manager in assessing training and development needs related to quality program.
- Supports innovation funnel activities within the supply chain as appropriate for site quality
- Participates in WCM Quality Pillar initiatives. Participates on other Pillars as a representative of the Quality Pillar
- Supports data collection, analysis and assignment to standard Quality loss trees in support of operational KPIs reporting
- Leads structured quality improvement activities related to customer, consumer issues and CRQS gaps
- Utilizes advanced statistical knowledge to support process capability studies to maintain alignment between capabilities of site processing and filling operations and specification limits
- Utilizes SAP QM and Unilever specifications including Interspec system and supports verification of use for quality purposes
- Supports the implementation and maintenance of system where key quality data and information are recorded and preserved
- University degree in technical discipline or general sciences
- At least 1-3 years’ experience in related discipline in a food manufacturing environment.
- Quality improvement methodologies and tools application
- Computer proficient (MS Office tools); SAP a plus
- Knowledgeable of HACCP, FSSC22000 requirements
Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, Food Science or Microbiology degree
- 1-3 years’ experience in Quality or Manufacturing
PREFERRED / DESIRABLE:
Food Manufacturing experience
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory. In order to be considered, please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.