Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Seed Quality Specialist, are to:
Who you are
- Follow all safety policies and comply with all Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) requirements. Follow all Quality Management System (QMS) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), Work Instructions, Standards, and Stewardship Directives;
- Oversee the accuracy of testing performed on bulk and finished seed to verify traits and demonstrate compliance with all quality standards. Prepare and ship samples to third party labs;
- Maintain all quality assurance results in SAP, Contract Production Management (CPM), Excel or any other databases;
- Train and lead site employees to verify proper procedures are followed during all Quality Assurance (QA) testing with emphasis on quality preservation, seed cleaning effectiveness, and final product appearance;
- Perform checks on generated data to verify the accuracy of the test methods and equipment;
- Conduct inspections as directed by the fuzzy seed warehouses and the plant prior to introducing a different variety to ensure the buildings and equipment do not contain other seeds which could result in varietal contamination;
- Maintain a log of activities with documented results for tests, procedures, inspections, and calibrations of equipment;
- Control costs by accurate testing of seed samples, effective use of supplies and equipment and management of inventory of supplies;
- Foster a team approach to site challenges and develop local solutions. Work closely with other team members to ensure quality of work and quality of seed being produced is the best in the industry;
- All other duties as communicated by QA Supervisor;
- Monday- Friday 7:00am-3:30pm (Shift).
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School diploma;
- Up to three years' experience in seed quality assurance/quality control, cotton production, cotton research, cotton ginning, seed production, delinting plant or equivalent industry experience;
- Position requires knowledge of laboratory processes and related seed quality tests. Skills needed include attention to detail, ability to analyze results, the capability to work with a team and train and direct team members;
- Capable of following written procedures and be accurate with documenting information;
- Knowledge of data entry databases, Excel and Word.
- SAP knowledge or other database systems;
- Bachelor's degree.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location:
A little about us:
Why Bayer? Because we’re a pioneer in the fields of human, animal, and plant health. Because we invent solutions that will create a sustainable future for our planet. Because a career with Bayer means you can put your passion into practice and make an impact.