Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. Key Responsibilities
Education & Experience
- Responsible for leading the Line of Business (LOB) Quality team to identify and implement projects to improve the Customer Experience, reduce dispatched rates (FIR) and call rates (CPB).
- Leads Quality teams to execute to plans/schedules that support LOB goals and initiatives
- Responsible for forecasting lifetime dispatch rates (5 yr FIR) and call rates (5 yr CPB) for current and new platforms
- Drives quantification of Warranty Cost liability by platform and channel with 5-year cost per box shipped goals
- Defines and drives reduction initiatives, and develops supporting business cases for product design features
- Influences supply base for quality improvements
- Communicates with leadership and sometimes executive level teams, proactively communicating and recommending options and solutions, ability to make a case prior and anticipate questions
- Global understanding and influencing of cultures and working with those cultures
- Proactively solving problems that affect the project objectives and recognizes impact, benefits and risks advises on solutions
- Advanced understanding of technology discipline, such as hardware, software, solutions and ability to influence other groups through technical expertise
- Advanced understanding quality tools, data, and processes and can use those tools to influence design decisions and improvements across LOB's
- Deals with ambiguous situations within project, across organization and influencing change
- Considers impact on customers in quality decisions
Typically requires 12+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor's degree; or 8+ years with a Master's degree; or 5+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience.Education & Experience
Typically requires 12+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor's degree; or 8+ years with a Master's degree; or 5+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience.
Job Family: Engineering Development
Job ID: R19376
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.