Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company. What do you get to do in this position?
The Quality Supervisor is responsible for ensuring manufactured products meet the Customer specifications and Schneider Electric quality requirements, and for minimizing the risk and impact to our business. The individual serves as the Quality Lead for the location. This position will report directly to the Site Manager.
- Supervises a team of 8 Quality Technicians to perform functional testing and quality reviews of all gear that is wired or manufactured in the facility.
- Support quality improvement efforts to drive a superior customer experience.
- Track, share, and renew all quality performance KPI’s for the Plant.
- Drive compliance with the existing Quality Management System.
- Leads and drives resolution to reactive quality issues within their process area(s);
- Triggers/manages production stops and ship holds;
- Develops PFMEA, FTA and Process Control Plan;
- Develops and owns the inspection processes;
- Performs process root cause analysis, uses 8D methodology for problem solving, and implements corrective action with emphasis in implementation of Poka Yoke and Jidoka;
- Leads and/or supports Kaizen events and Continuous Improvement activities;
- Functions as quality approval on the implementation of process change;
- Analyzes and drives improvement for First Pass Yield and customer complaints;
- Drives improvements for reduction of scrap, rework and warranty costs;
- Shares in accountability for process area performance.
· Qualifications: This job might be for you if:
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering (or similar discipline)
- Quality, Process, Industrial or other Engineering background;
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO9001)
- Exceptional leadership skills, strategic thinker;
- Ability to use quality and problem solving tools and techniques including, 8D, 5 why, Fish bone, DMAIC, SPC, etc.
- Innovative with excellent judgment and problem solving skills with the use of Jidoka and Poka Yoke;
- Experience in development of PFMEA and Control Plan;
- Quality oriented, strong sense of customer expectation and production and customer urgency needs
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.