What you will do
- Department Supervisor oversees bargaining unit Inspectors, coordinates with customer Inspectors and manages Quality System in Fabrication Shop.
How you will do it
- Manages Bargaining Unit Inspectors and interfaces with Customer Inspectors.
- Develops and manages quality procedures as well as sales order related documentation.
- Directly supervises 4-8 employees in Quality Assurance. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Maintains compliance to applicable regulatory codes (eg; ASME Sect. VIII Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, ASME B31.3 & B31.5 Piping Codes, etc), technical specifications and customer requirements.
- Works to prevent defects and improve product quality including supporting Supplier Quality activities to qualify new vendors and provide feedback on vendor performance.
- Support Engineering in the development of new products and processes.
- Support the implementation of the Johnson Controls Manufacturing System (JCMS) including working with self-directed work teams to develop their capabilities
- Adheres to the Company's Code of Conduct and Business Ethics standards.
- To perform this job successfully, an individually must be willing to travel as required to interface with Customers and Vendors
What we look for
- Requires an Associate's degree from college or university in a technical field, or combination of education and experience in lieu of a degree: five years (5) related experience and/or training in industrial refrigeration, welding, machining and/or quality; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two or more years of supervisory experience in a quality department/manufacturing
- Certification or training in ASME Welding code
- Working knowledge of the ASME Sect. VIII Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint), as well as Internet software and E-mail is required.
- Training in and application of Lean, 5S desired
- Six Sigma training and certification desired
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.