This position supports, conducts and monitors daily Quality Activities . The position directs QA Technicians in daily functions. Receives functional guidance and direction from the Quality Manager in accomplishing assigned duties. Also follows direction from Production Supervisors/Managers where there is no conflict in procedure or policy. The QA Supervisor may be required to work on any shift to support the needs of the business, and also on weekends. The incumbent will be required to provide support for trouble shooting quality issues. Il. Position Responsibilities (Expected Work)
- Oversee day to day operations of the lab.
- Assist QA Manager in assessing training and development needs related to quality program.
- Manages and ensures compliance with the quality management system through communication, training, and internal audit at all levels.
- Provide additional technical resources to the plant as assigned.
- Utilize SPC as a VIP tool to drive performance and consistency.
- Supports all external audits conducted by FDA, Nevada Department of Agriculture and third party audits.
- Knowledge within sanitation and cip systems to support trouble shooting requirements.
- Supports sanitation cleaning validation and allergen validation.
- Supports innovation funnel activities within the supply chain.
- Track and trend consumer complaint data to ensure focused improvement within gaps.
- Trend environmental data to ensure facility safety.
- Understanding internal and external customer needs and regulatory requirements.
- Reports and communicates results, issues and improvements to relevant stakeholders.
- Manages and reports incidents in line with Unilever incident management procedures.
- Working knowledge of Unilever safety and environmental policies and guidelines.
- Abreast of current safety and environmental activities and actions.
- Hardware, Software, Mindware development tracking.
- Understands the role and importance of the internal customer in delivering to the external customer.
- Defines and deploys standards and controls via a continually improving quality management system.
- Ability to become HAZWOPER certified, be an emergency response member and have knowledge of the EAP (emergency Action Plan).
1. Insure compliance with regulatory, Unilever policies and guidelines, and GMP requirements.
2. Plan, organize, direct, train and motivate a diverse workforce to optimize performance.
3. Adapting TPM principles and processes into existing plant operations to achieve consistency with WCM requirements and measurable improvement in site KPIs.
4. Ongoing identification and implementation of cost reduction through SPC data to deliver consistency and improved performance.
5. Develop and maintain consumer complaint data to understand function both internally and externally supporting brand build ownership and sales. IV. Scope
Responsible for lab technicians.
Must be able to work across multiple shifts and multiple shift schemes.
Responsible for setting the direction and change efforts. Influencing the leadership team and WCM Pillar to accomplish site goals will be an integral requirement of this position.
Maintain operational knowledge of various IT support systems.
Improve Team delivery of safety and quality KPI’s within plant to reduce cost. V. Skills & Competencies
Knowledge Education B.S. degree in food related field.
Three to Five year’s experience in related discipline; management level experience preferred.
Knowledgeable of HACCP, FSSC22000, SQF
Demonstrated work experience related to the functions of the position.
Dairy and Ice Cream Experience a plus
Skills (Identify from Professional Skills Dictionary – required at fully operational)
1.6 Managing Quality
Understanding internal and external customer needs and regulatory requirements
1.6 Managing Health, Safety &
Applies their leadership skills to encourage safe and responsible behavior amongst their colleagues and within their teams.
1.3 Adopting a Customer
Service Mindset in all our
Identifies all relevant internal and external customers.
1.2 Building Internal and
Identifies opportunities to optimize supply chain value through business partnerships (Internal and External)
Competencies Required for Success (Please identify the 2 to 4 competencies most important to this position) Real Accountability Taking responsibility for doing what you say. Providing real clarity on what people are accountable for. Being explicit about the links between performance and reward.
Action Not Debate
Being decisive and making tough choices with limited information. Great execution – debate, decide, implement and follow through. Allowing space for risk taking, learning from failure and sharing the learning.
All Leadership teams setting the example for team alignment. Cultivating relationships and networks to ensure collaboration, integration and alignment. Creating a winning mindset and shared vision for team success.
Putting Unilever first in everything you do. Leveraging our global scale to win local battles. Having faith in each other’s ability to work together to help Unilever win.