At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Quality Management Systems Manager for the Health Care Business Group (HCBG) located in Maplewood, MN. Here, we go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Quality Management Systems Manager
will be responsible for owning Quality Management Systems (QMS) for all of the health care business. It includes driving standardization, implementation and value realization of External Inspections, Complaint Handling, Medical Device reporting, Corrective and Prevention Action(CAPA), Supplier Quality, Risk Management, Design Controls, Distribution Controls, Change Management, and Training. It also includes managing data analytics related to those processes and supplying standardized metrics to drive continuous improvement at all the global sites and divisions. The person will be managing a team of process owners and team members supporting the processes globally. The person will be working with Manufacturing, Lab and Quality functional leaders globally to design and implement simplified process that increase customer focus and meet regulatory requirements and to get value realization from the new process. The person will collaborate with Division Quality leaders and Global Regulatory Affairs leaders and Lab leaders, business management, stakeholders, and Quality Management System project team members to implement, govern and own the QMS.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- QMS owner and leader for Health Care Business Group.
- Collaboratively lead redesign QMS processes for simplicity, ease of use and implement standardized process globally at all Health Care Business Group design centers.
- Establish mechanisms to gather regular input from global sites and drive continuous improvement to ensure compliance and supports product development to changing global regulations and business needs.
- Operationalizes standardized process through data analytics to measure effectiveness and efficiencies to support value realization.
- Lead change management required to implement standardized processes globally and ensure adoption of it to support growth and value realization.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of Project Management experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory and/or management experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering or related discipline from an accredited university
- Experience leading or working with quality management system processes and methodologies
- Experience in performing process redesign
- Master Black Belt
- Experience of successfully leading teams through change (change management)
- Ability to work within team structure to influence and support quality improvement
- Experience of working in Health care and knowledge of Health Care Regulations
- Experience of influencing Senior Leaders and global teams
- Experience working with international teams
- Experience with systems and data analytics
- Ability to work in a large, highly matrixed organization
- Strong organization skills and ability to juggle multiple requests
- Independent, self-motivated and achievement driven
- Flexible attitude and ability to meet diverse needs
- Customer service oriented and desire for continuous improvement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
: Maplewood, MNTravel:
May include up to 20% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.