Arconic Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) is seeking a Quality Inspector for 2nd shift.
Arconic Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs 7,900 people in 13 countries at 39 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
This position is involved directly in the inspection and testing of product in the in-process and final inspection areas. This position prepares metallurgical mounts and maintains traceability and assists with physical and mechanical testing in the lab. Use of precision inspection tools and equipment, ability to read blueprints and procedures are required in the daily activities to ensure acceptance of product to specifications and requirements. Involvement in other inspections, such as, but not limited to; MRB inspection & receiving inspection.
- Prepares various inspection and test reports, including work order entries, dimensional layout sheets, etc.
- Uses various precision inspection tools and equipment to verify product acceptance.
- Uses sampling plans, drawings, instructions, standards and specifications to verify product acceptance.
- Prepares quality and inspection documentation including lab reports and log books for examination and product acceptance.
- Must be able to work with precision inspection tools including calipers, micrometers and optical comparators.
- Perform the following:
- In-process and final inspections
- Torque testing
- Tensile testing
- Cutting, grinding, polishing for mount preparation
- Clean and prepare samples for salt spray and high humidity testing
- Push out and torque-out testing
- Flare testing
- Seal testing
- Micro-hardness/Rockwell hardness testing
- Alloy testing
- Adhesion testing
- Vibration testing
- Calibration of gages and tools
- Scheduling of suppliers for outside calibration
- Supporting manufacturing in the recall of gages and tools
- Receiving inspection
- Must utilize all precision measuring equipment and techniques as applicable, including micrometers, calipers, and optical comparators.
- High School Diploma
- Must be able to read blueprints
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee