Primary Purpose of the Job
Personnel are directly involved in the inspection of product in the in-process and final inspection areas. The incumbent will use precision inspection tools and equipment, manufacturing drawings (blueprints), and procedures/instructions in their activities to ensure acceptance of product to specifications and requirements. Incumbent must know and perform all other inspections including; MRB inspection, receiving inspection, and final inspection. This job reports directly to the Quality Assurance Supervisor.Major activities/Key challenges
Essential Knowledge & Skills/Education
- Must be able to read and interpret work instructions, routers, blue prints, drawings and specifications
- Prepare inspection documentation as required by work instructions
- Must be able to communicate with multiple departments including; Engineering, Manufacturing, Planning, etc
- Train new employees in inspection positions as required
- Perform Dimensional Inspection of all characteristics of manufactured products
- Perform 1st Article inspection using appropriate drawings or specifications to verify part acceptability
- Must be familiar with First Article requirements per AS9102
- Understanding of Federal Aviation Administration requirements and impacts
- Evaluate MRB disposition for accuracy and acceptability
- Active involvement in process improvement initiatives
- Keep work area clean, safe and in orderly fashion
- Comply with all safety policies, procedure, and practices. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources
- Participate in proactive team effort to achieve departmental and company goals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Routine duties are performed with minimal supervision
- Prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Comply with all safety policies, procedures and practices as it relates to office/production working environments i.e. PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when entering production environment
- Hearing protection is required in all area's labeled "Hearing protection required"
- The indoor area is well lighted, with adequate ventilation, but not air-conditioned
- Light physical activity level performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature (30 Lbs max lifting may be required)
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach and handle items
- All shifts may be required to work mandatory overtime to meet business needs
Basic QualificationsBasic or Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); and a minimum 5 years related experience or training;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedures manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Intermediate computer skills including electronic mail, word, excel, routine database activity, graphs, etc
- Must be able to select, utilize, and understand the use of all general inspection tools and have the ability to train others
- Ability to compare purchase orders with vendor certifications to assure compliance
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); Minimum 5 years related experience or training;Employee must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be requires at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U. S. Person status. ITAR defines U.S. Person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card' Holder), Political Asylee or Refugee.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.