Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
This position supports the manufacturing operations for Glass and Vials. Job duties include:
- Perform tests and document test results.
- Perform product sampling.
- Perform functional testing of product.
- Comply with all specifications, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and forms that pertain to the above area.
- Perform department audits as required.
- Assist with the running of protocols.
- Review specification and SOP changes.
- Write SOPs for area of responsibility.
- Comply to plant environmental health and safety regulations.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as determined by supervision/management.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Associate's degree in a related discipline or plus 0-3 years related experience.
- Must have successfully completed the Career Readiness Certificate.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 25 pounds; ability to lift above the shoulder up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to reach above shoulder to perform work.
- Ability to climb on ladders.
- Audiometric testing and hearing protection required.
- Ability to bend/stoop.
- Ability to stand for long periods at a time.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Note: position is part-time weekend with additional hours during the week.
- Required to meet visual acuity requirements per Baxter Cleveland Visual Acuity SOP CL-01-01-037.
Work Performance Qualifications:
- Low absenteeism.
- Work well without close supervision.
- Ability and willingness to cross-train within the area.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements as necessary.
- Ability to accept responsibility of actions taken (right or wrong).
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to communicate with different levels within the organization.
- Experience working with controlled documentation and specifications a plus.
- Mathematical aptitude is required.
- Knowledge of measurement methods.
- Must be able to use weight scales.
- Ability to perform correct sampling techniques (i.e., torque, chemical, etc)
- Ability to perform SPC techniques.
- Ability to work with computer systems.
All internal and external qualified applicants are required to submit a resume.Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.