We are seeking an hourly Quality Technician who is responsible for supporting plant quality compliance, product quality improvement, and process capability. This position leads continuous improvement activities to improve product quality and process performance and leads root cause and corrective action activities to resolve field and in-plant quality issues.
Associated Materials is the parent company for leading building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If you're searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI!Job Description
- Lead process improvements and implementation of a "quality culture" that adheres to the ISO 9001 QMS in the plant
- Lead root cause investigations and corrective actions to resolve quality related issues.
- Support quality compliance, product quality improvement, and manufacturing process capability
- Verify and validate finished goods to determine conformance to quality specifications and design intent
- Perform process and product audits, and provide feedback to improve their effectiveness
- Drive process capability through deployment of quality control tools (CpK analysis, SPC, etc.)
- Understand the necessary process inputs at a work cell to produce a quality product, and develop work instructions to capture the process.
- Assist in the training of auditors, inspectors, and production employees to the requirements that yield a quality product.
- Effectively communicate quality issues to process owners and quality leaders
- Track customer orders and generate data reports
- Oversee quality initiatives and auditor assignments as needed
- Cross train in other areas in the department to be proficient in all jobs in the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Quality and Manufacturing Operations Leadership
- Quality Engineers, Quality Techs, Auditors, Inspectors, Plant Maintenance, Shipping/Receiving
- 3-5 years of quality/process engineering with a minimum of 2 years industrial experience in which the candidate had responsibility for the development and implementation of product and/or process quality. Leadership role preferred.
- Proficiency with Excel, Access and PowerPoint is required. Particularly the ability to use pivot table and performance business data analysis or other statistical software
- Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience with gauge calibration preferred.
- Experience in ISO 9001 based quality systems is preferred.
- Bi-lingual a plus (English and Spanish).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com.
A little about us:
AMI is a leading manufacturer and wholesale distributor of professionally installed, exterior building products for remodeling and new construction.