North America Quality Control is part of the Supply Chain organization and is integral to the production and delivery of our products to the market. We are seeking a Quality Testing Optimization Lead
to champion our automation efforts and streamline our laboratory operations. This individual will be responsible for coordinating our continuous improvement activities and project management efforts, and for supporting key areas of finance plus operational metrics. This position enables implementation of critical technologies to ensure a competitive advantage for North America QC and the Supply Chain. Responsibilities
Skills and Competencies
- Develop and implement the North America QC automation strategy and partner with Global QC Leads to support global automation efforts .
- Encourage new ideas and "out of the box" thinking for continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain an aligned project idea hopper and prioritization tool for use across North America QC laboratories.
- Work to gain an in-depth understanding of the North America QC cost drivers, and use this knowledge to assist management with decision making.
- Partner with Quality finance team to calculate NPVs and draft ARs to support automation plans, continuous improvement, and IT initiatives.
- Create, align, and maintain models for cost, capacity, and forecasting across North America QC labs. Partner with Global QC Leads to align models across other regions.
- Drive cost savings initiatives. Partner with lab managers/personnel, finance, and the Data Solutions Lead to identify and realize cost savings opportunities per fiscal year.
- Draft and maintain capital plans by function, and standardize those plans across the North America QC labs.
- Partner with lab managers and quality stakeholders to draft and implement service level agreements per platform. Clearly define deliverables and develop/utilize metrics to measure and communicate performance.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years experience in a supply chain, laboratory, or research environment.
- Agriculture experience is a plus
- A strategic, data driven thinker who is outcome focused with a strong passion for innovation.
- Customer focused, collaborative in approach, agile and open to change. Highly self motivated and directed with a desire to learn and grow within the company.
- A high level of comfort with ambiguity and strong ability to respond quickly to new opportunities.
- Exemplary critical thinking skills and creativity, with a track record of quickly assembling and applying knowledge to innovatively support customer requirements.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Familiarity with Six Sigma/LEAN methodologies is a plus.
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.