Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
State Street Global Markets FX Sales and Trading business is currently ongoing a multiyear strategic growth initiative which will focus in maximizing market share growth rate while expanding into new and emerging foreign exchange markets and products/services. As part of this growth strategy State Street Global Markets Technology is seeking talented Foreign Exchange (FX) IT professionals to join an already established team who will engineer the next generation of FX applications. Candidates will work closely with business users, developers and testers to build applications to support State Street's FX electronic trading, sales trading, risk management trading and customer products such as StreetFX. Candidates with a track record for delivery and market experience developing solutions for foreign exchange trading and e-trading market participants will find opportunities to leverage their real life experience in a highly collaborative global organization.
The Application Development Consultant is a hands-on software development position, responsible for implementing the architectural vision for this new strategic initiative. . This is going to be a specialized hands on role focussing primarily on developing analytics function on structured or unstructured data. He will be responsible for setting up a analytical platform using open source toolsets which will enable the business quantz team(s) and analysts to determine business and trading strategies.
This developer will be a part of the selection, architecture, design, and implementation of the core re-usable functionality used to implement the FX Accelerated Growth Strategy program. The individual will be responsible for building one or more core components, and will work with the corporate architecture teams within State Street to align these components with corporate architectural standard and control.
- Bachelor's degree
- The candidate needs to have 7+ years experience as a analytics developer using java, sql, R, scala, sas, python, matlab etc analytics toolset and language
- Knowledgebase of good java hands on knowledge is a must because currently we use home grown java based apis for analytics.
- Understanding of big data and unstructured data concepts and ability to build tangible plots off that.
- Understanding of trade, order, price data - able to collaborate with business and product owners directly on requirements.
- Needs to help the development team for application development as well.
- Work experience in financial domain is a must, FX domain is desirable
- Strong analytical skills. The ability to receive and analyze requirements, and propose a suitable solution that adheres to the team's methodology
- Communication skills. The ability to communicate at the right level with all parties involved, including senior management, developers, architects, and end users, who may be based in different locations and time-zones.
- The ability to operate in a self-sufficient manner, but also identify the right time to raise queries or concerns.
- Experience coordinating the work of a small team of developers, potentially in different locations and time zones, taking ownership of a small to medium projects and running them from its inception to completion
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.