Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Job Description Job Description
The incumbent will be a member of the Risk Analytics Team in Enterprise Risk Management. The Team provides support in the development, deployment, and documentation of tools and methods for assessing various aspects of credit risk to State Street. The Team's work is focused on building the infrastructure needed to support State Street's application of the advanced internal ratings-based (AIRB) approach to risk measurement under Basel III, ALLL, and CCAR. Application of the AIRB approach will provide estimates of State Street's capital requirements. The capital estimates and associated AIRB inputs support a variety of management objectives including developing regulatory reports, improving risk management, enhancing risk reporting, and allocating capital to business units.
The individual is expected to provide quantitative support to State Street's efforts to manage credit risk in CRE portfolios covering a range of asset classes and ensuring that the PD, LGD, valuation and ALLL models comply with all applicable regulations. Specific duties include the following:
- Managing large and complex credit data sets using statistical tools and database technologies.
- Conduct econometric and statistical analysis of credit data.
- Developing statistical models to quantify the value of the credit parameters.
- Performing backtesting, sensitivity testing, and stress testing of credit parameters.
- Writing technical documentation.
- Providing support for development and documentation of other credit parameter inputs used in State Street's AIRB system.
- Presenting results of work to senior management.
- Working with the information technology group to document business requirements and to ensure methodologies are accurately implemented in production systems.
- Completing ad hoc assignments in the general areas of credit risk management and measurement.
- The candidate should hold a graduate degree in a quantitative science, physics, mathematics, mathematical finance, finance, or economics.
- Have CRE model development experience. Knowledge of CRE market is a plus.
- In-depth understanding of multivariate statistics
- Experience modeling credit risk for financial institutions.
- Familiar with the methods used in the calculation of PD, LGD, property valuation, ALLL and Stress testing and how these methods can be applied to large portfolios.
- Knowledge of a statistical or analytical modeling language such as SAS, Matlab, Stata, or S+.
- Experience working with large and complex data sets.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Job Opening ID
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.