Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Primarily responsible for day-to-day execution of development on significant products and research into areas important to the business lines that their group supports. Typically interfaces with business managers or associates to develop a robust understanding of existing or future business processes and then incorporates that information into existing or new products. The work products will generally be in the form of complicated analysis or information delivery vehicles which are intended to inform or be integrated into business processes.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interfaces effectively and collaboratively with business customers and other areas of the division to provide solutions for business problems.
- Is considered an expert in their direct area of expertise and familiar with a variety of technical matters.
- Engages in day to day development of highly technical product.
- Often will be involved as a contributor to creative design, technical implementation, and user interfaces for team-developed products, leveraging the capabilities of other support teams as needed.
- Contributes heavily to data product development as the primary developer. They are also expected to be users of data products developed by themselves or other team members.
- Primary vetters of work completed by Quantitative Analysts Is.
- Responsible for compliance with all levels of governance and best practices in implementation and automation.
- Is proficient in at least three of the following items: working with data both institutional and outside of the company, building intuitive and meaningful reporting or analytic explorative items for personal or business consumption, being technically capable of full development cycle including continued automation and quality control best practices, and assisting business users with understanding of final product.
- Contributes heavily toward the shared team research agenda as builders and context providers to users.
- Meets often with business partners to ensure business concerns are being adequately addressed.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- Master's degree in Data Science, Statistics, Economics or Finance preferred .
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 2 years of related experience
- Strong technical fundamentals in SAS or R programming.
- Experience with analytic and/or reporting tools such as SQL, MS Excel/Access, Tableau etc. Advanced MS Office skills.
- Experience with programming language and big data is preferred.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills with the ability to conduct analyses independently to address complex business problems / issues.
- Strong knowledge of relational database (i.e. Oracle) is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in providing insights and/or explaining complex analysis to business partners and senior management.
- Ability to systematically apply statistical and/or logical techniques to describe and evaluate data, including data mining and time series analysis, and to design intuitive data visualizations and key business metrics.
- Ability to perform in high pressure environment requiring effective multi-tasking and prioritization.
- Cross-functional business skills, excellent facilitation skills with ability to interact with colleagues and management at all levels.
- Experience in financial services/banking industry and mortgage industry preferred.
- Graduate level education in Data Science, Statistics, Economics or Finance preferred.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.