About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Job Description The Quantitative Analyst provides model validation and advance qualitative and quantitative analysis for advanced qualitative or quantitative models to meet DFAST and CCAR requirement. In addition, the Quantitative Analyst provides highly specialized model risk management services to support at the assigned line(s) of business. Job Requirements • Provides financial, analytical, model validation expertise to qualitative and quantitative models for DFAST and CCAR projects.
• Conducts complex quantitative analysis as it applies to areas of responsibility, such as a specific model or portfolio. In-depth understanding of the whole function and/or key business areas supported
• Performs statistical model assumptions' tests for soundness of model theory.
• Write high quality model validation reports.
• Leads activities of unit, assigning, prioritizing and monitoring work.
• Provides training and mentoring for new and less experienced staff.
• Resolves escalated issues and problems by conferring with staff.
• Provides financial, analytical, planning, and forecasting expertise to assist in the development and completion of projects.
• Develops specialized analytical tools for projects or ongoing use.
• May manage the development of conclusions and courses of action to rectify discrepancies as well as analyses to be presented to management for aid in decision-making processes.
• May lead additional research efforts, applying expertise in statistical analysis and modeling.
• Explores best practice modeling techniques for model enhancement.
• Develops and maintains strong business relationships with business line management Qualifications • Graduate's degree in statistics, financial engineering, economics, business administration or other quantitative fields with progressive work experience in addition
• 3-5 + years model validation or modeling experience required
• Thorough business knowledge and acumen in retail, commercial, or investment banking are
• Proven interpersonal and consultative communication skills with well-developed presentation skills
• Ability to successfully plan, develop, lead, and execute projects
• Ability to effectively interpret, select appropriate techniques, take independent action, communicate, and follow-through
• Proven ability to manage competing priorities effectively, making good decisions based on business priorities and objectives
• Comprehensive practical knowledge of both quantitative and qualitative forecasting models, financial analysis techniques and methodologies
• Proven ability to employ complex analytical tools and statistics to perform analysis and forecasting of financial and other business information
• Good understanding of regulator's model documentation requirement for CCAR and DFAST
• Proficiently use Microsoft Office tools to prepare and present analysis results to the audience
• Demonstrated knowledge of financial analysis and planning software applications
• Advanced skills in Excel, SAS and SQL
• Advanced level in statistical analysis and modeling tools
This position may be located in the Wilton, CT, Boston, MA or Mount Laurel, NJ. Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at email@example.com. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) Connecticut City (Primary) Wilton ProvState 2 New Jersey City(s) 2 Cherry Hill ProvState 3 New York City(s) 3 New York
A little about us:
TD Bank is creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the people, cultures and languages of the communities we serve.