San Francisco, CA
$60,000 - $80,000Technology Department
The Technology Department (TD) is a key enabler to keep our business moving forward and is constantly exploiting state-of-the-art information technologies to enhance our ability to be the leading global long-term investment firm. We aim to provide users with empowering and transformational capabilities, and to create an inclusive, innovative and integrated work environment.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our Technology Department as a Quantitative Engineer or Senior Quantitative Engineer.Responsibilities
- Play an Engineering role in supporting the Researchers / Quantitative Portfolio Managers in their search for Alpha (investment)
- The role spans from ingestion and cleaning of various types of structured and unstructured data for research purposes to modelling, back testing and evaluation of model performances
- Possesses Mathematical or Computing Background, with an understanding of statistics/Machine Learning /Optimization techniques
- Proficiency in the following programming languages - R, Python, Java, SQL
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop and Apache SPARK
Candidates with knowledge or work experiences in the following areas will have an edge:
- Financial investment instruments such as Fixed Income, Equities, FX and Commodities
- Handling data from various financial data providers
- Document databases (MongoDB), Graph Database (Neo4J) and columnar database (HBase)
- Data visualizations (D3.js) and business visualization (Tableau)
To thrive in this role, candidates should have the following qualities:
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and to deliver results extremely quickly
- Ability to solve problems and to articulate ideas well to stakeholders and management
- An excellent team player with a collaborative mind set
"Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance."
rtobey AT teksystems DOT comAbout TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.