Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Job Description Job Description: Defined Contribution Quantitative Researcher
As a Quantitative Researcher, you will be an integral member of SSGA's Global DC Team. You will have the opportunity to drive innovation in the DC industry by creating thought leadership and developing new and improving existing investment solutions. You should have strong analytical and technical skills, a solid foundation of investment knowledge, and the capacity to generate new and creative approaches to solutions. You should excel at working in a dynamic environment where the problems that need to be solved change on a continuous basis, and where identifying the nature of the problem is an integral part of the innovation process.
You will be located in either in San Francisco or Boston and will report directly to the Global Head of DC Research and Product Development. What we would need you to do:
- Provide investment insight and quantitative research supporting the development of investment products, solutions, and thought leadership.
- Develop new and innovative approaches to addressing the investment problems of the DC market.
- Collaborate directly with clients and work with client data to develop customized solutions to meet the needs of clients and their participants.
- 0-10 years of experience in investment management or related fields (minimum of three years without graduate degree).
- Exceptional quantitative, technical and analytical skills.
- Strong programming and data analysis abilities, with proficiency in SQL, Python and MATLAB being most useful.
- Experienced in working with large data sets is desirable.
- Advanced degree in technical field such as Economics, Finance or Engineering is preferred.
- CFA or ASA designation is a plus.
- Track record of intellectual curiosity, i.e. a demonstrated ability and willingness to learn and apply knowledge.
- Self-starter that will excel and thrive as part of a dynamic and entrepreneurial team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to connect and engage an audience, explaining complex concepts in a simple fashion.
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.