PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide in-depth technical expertise to support delivery and maintenance of IT solutions. Provide IT teams and business personnel with technology solutions by weighing advantages of technology standards, market availability of products, risks and benefits of technology to meet business/IT needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide technical expertise and/or engineering support for maintaining performance and reliability of key IT solutions. Contribute to project technical architecture design and development.
- Build and maintain knowledge of new technologies or technology opportunities and assist in analysis of their use for business and/or IT clients.
- Identify and provide Business and IT data on IT trends and issues. Participate in IT architecture review and standards setting. Assist in the development of white papers, conducting presentations as needed to explain why a technology is being recommended by IT.
- Maintain and enhance engagement with business and IT partners.
- Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within own discipline or function
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, information science, math, physics or equivalent and typically 3 plus years’ experience in IT or quantitative analytics functions
- Demonstrates strong software development capabilities coupled with the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated strong teamwork skills with self-motivation to achieve success in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Excellent communications skills - Able to effectively communicate highly technical information in non-technical terminology (written and verbal).
- Knowledge of Operating Systems - Windows, Solaris, Linux
- Knowledge of development languages - C/C++, Python, Perl, C#
- Knowledge of database - Oracle, SQL server
- Understanding of advanced programming concepts, data structure and algorithms
- Analytics knowledge/experience in the areas of financial products, risk management/risk measures and market knowledge in a commodity operations environment
- Prior experience developing software requirements, designing conceptual data models & system architecture, and user interfaces, etc. is a major plus
- Prior experience applying quantitative analysis tools and techniques to asist market analysis and growth initiatives
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.