Location: Toledo, Ohio - United States PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This role provides technical direction for packaging designs for asphalt, roofing shingles and roofing components products. The role also provides project management services (including complete capital delivery) for packaging equipment and process controls for roofing and asphalt.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.Reports to
: R&A Stable Operations LeaderSpan of Control
: R&A Manufacturing OperationsJOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Approximately 1/3rd of the person's time in this role will be devoted to designing, re-designing, and optimizing the value and performance of packaging systems, including materials and equipment, for asphalt, roofing shingles and roofing components products. This would include managing equipment design specification and capital project delivery of such materials and equipment. The incumbent is expected to develop a 1-5 year packaging equipment strategy for Roofing & Asphalt.
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Approximately 2/3rd of the person's time in this role will be focused on maintaining and enhancing existing applications controls, or working with process engineers, technicians, and plant operating teams to devise new process controls in pursuit of the perfect process that delivers zero defects for our customers. These activities will be applied to all Roofing & Asphalt facilities as directed by Roofing and Asphalt leadership and includes the design specification and capital delivery of such equipment. The incumbent is expected to participate in the development of 1-5 year controls equipment strategy for Roofing & Asphalt.
- A minimum 2-yr technical degree in engineering or engineering technology.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Preferred 5-10 years' experience in manufacturing roles, primarily of a technical nature. Experience with packaging systems a plus.
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated skills in designing, installing, and maintaining applications controls and packaging systems.
- While the role is technical in nature, success depends on the incumbent being able to effectively translate the purpose and function of process equipment to all levels within the manufacturing organization, especially plant operators. Communication skills that effectively target a wide range of audience sophistication are a must.
- Developing training and operating documentation requires excellent written communication skills.
- Communicating via oral presentation to multiple levels of an organization are essential.
- Software expertise in MS Office and SAP required.
Significant experience with PLC and similar controlsAbout Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.