PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brand such as Pepsi, Gatorade, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Tropicana. The PepsiCo product portfolio includes 22 brands that each generates more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales.
PepsiCo Nutrition Category R&D is tasked with creating and delivering nutrition products to the consumers. This technical community includes many diverse talents of food scientist, chemists, and engineers to deliver innovation to fuel the growth of PepsiCo's Nutrition business.
The PepsiCo Nutrition Product Development team is seeking two Specification Specialists to support product development team in creating new ingredient specifications by following PepsiCo's Performance Quality Program (PQP) standards. With proven results, the role will eventually progress to become an ingredient expert, who is able to provide necessary guidance on ingredients to Nutrition product development scientists globally.
The role includes the following key responsibilities:
Qualifications/Requirements Education / Certifications/Work Experience:
- Creates and develops new ingredient specification by working with product development scientists in an integrated formula and specification management software system.
- Acts as a liaison with internal groups such as Documentation System Administration, Quality, Food Safety, Regulatory, Procurement, Analytical Science, and Microbiology and vendors to ensure timely specification entry, review, and routing for approval.
- Connects with vendors to request data, samples for analysis; then reviews results to validate meeting technical specification.
- Communicate effectively with the team on required actions, and indication of timeframe on the approval of technical specification. Reviews technical documents for accuracy, and then ensures all parties are aware and aligned with the proposed technical specifications before routing for approval.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of the relationship between ingredients and their nutritional values, interprets and applies technical quality specifications.
- Maintains the integrity of working documents, and is responsible for document security due to sensitive and proprietary information.
B.S. in Food Science, Chemistry, or Analytical Chemistry, with at least 1 year of experience in the food or related industry; ideal candidate will have experience with integrated formula and specification management software system (Product Vision preferred).Skills & Capabilities:
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with integrated formula and specification management software system (Product Vision preferred). Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, and high level knowledge of computer functions.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects and activities at one time. Effectively and independently manages time and priorities. Good organizational and time management skills. Able to prioritize work load and adapt to changes when needed.
- Must work effectively with diverse personalities and work styles. Must be a team player who can partner with colleagues to manage day to day priority changes.
- Demonstrates high sense of urgency for results, and be proactive.
- Provides excellent customer service, and display excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
- Strong work ethics, self-motivated, drive for results.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve, with sound judgment and decision making.
- Appropriately handles sensitive and proprietary information.
- Willing to grow within this specific role.
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.