Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in more than 190 countries. Working to create a better future every day, we help people feel good, look good and get more out of life. In the United States and Canada, the portfolio includes brand icons such as: Axe, Becel, Ben & Jerry’s, Breyers, Caress, Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy, Consort For Men, Country Crock, Degree, Dove personal care products, Fruttare, Good Humor, Hellmann’s, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!, Just for Me!, Klondike, Knorr, Lever 2000, Lipton, Magnum, Motions, Nexxus, Noxzema, Pond’s, Popsicle, Promise, Q-tips, Simple, St. Ives, Suave, TIGI, TONI&GUY Hair Meet Wardrobe, TRESemmé and Vaseline. All of the preceding brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies.
Our ambition is to double the size of our business, while reducing our overall environmental footprint (including sourcing, consumer use and disposal) and increasing our positive social impact. We are committed to helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being, sourcing all our agricultural raw materials sustainably by 2020, and decoupling our growth from our environmental impact. Supporting our three big goals, we have defined seven pillars, underpinned by targets encompassing social, environmental and economic areas. See more on the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan at http://www.unileverusa.com/sustainable-living/ or http://www.unilever.ca/sustainable-living/ .
Unilever employs approximately 11,500 people across North America – generating more than $10 billion in sales in 2014. For more information, visit www.unileverusa.com or www.unilever.ca
Unilever offers numerous exciting career paths within R&D. Creating new innovations and technologies, and enhancing our existing brand portfolio – it’s all yours in Unilever’s R&D function. Bring your imagination and technical expertise to help develop superior products in an ever-evolving consumer marketplace. CONSUMER SCIENCE INTERN
A R&D Consumer Scientist is generally expected to conduct the following work activities as part of a team:
- Determine effective scientifically valid methodologies to obtain data on consumer needs and desires relevant to Unilever products.
- Apply advanced analytical methods to extract key insights from complex consumer data, such as preferred sensory properties from liking ratings or summaries from free text responses.
- Coordinate consumer studies and/or data mining efforts with internal and external partners across the world to ensure timely project completion.
- Work with cross-functional teams (e.g. other consumer insights researchers, formulation, process engineering, marketing) to ensure application of necessary expertise to research objectives.
- Boil down complex research into market relevant insights that inform stakeholder decisions.
- Collaborate with leading academics where appropriate to drive competitive advantage.
- Maintain a safe working environment in laboratory and assigned work space.
- Graduate student with coursework/major in Psychology, Statistics, Sensory Science, Data Science, or related field.
- Computer science and programming skills are plusses
- Understanding of sample selection procedures and experimental design for acquiring high quality consumer data and expertise in subsequent data analysis and interpretation.
- Flexibility and ability to change week to week priorities to meet business needs.
- Ability to work as part of a team and also think/act independently
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
This position is based in Trumbull, CT CANDIDATES MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.