Lead cross-functional R&D early assessment and due diligence Teams to evaluate Business Development opportunities (including M&As, licensing and divestments). Ensure the delivery of high quality assessments within business defined timelines enabling informed business decisions in support of the One Shire strategy.
Setting-up and leading R&D due diligence and technical assessment teams. Key responsibilities within this are:
• Liaise with R&D functional line heads and Corporate Due Diligence Lead to identify and recruit R&D Due Diligence Team members.
• Establish R&D Team and ensure efficient knowledge transfer from Early Assessment and Business Development.
• Act as primary contact within R&D for Corporate Due Diligence Team and facilitate cross-functional alignment between R&D and other key functions such as Commercial Assessment and Technical Operations.
• Define and communicate R&D Team objectives, project scope and timelines.
• Lead integrated R&D Due Diligence assessment ensuring efficient execution of the R&D due diligence process, co-ordination of activities across R&D and efficient interactions with the Corporate Due Diligence team.
• Develop R&D Team recommendations; ensure the appropriate coordination of, and the preparation and presentation of, assessment outputs to decision making bodies. Outputs should include technical assessment documents and supporting slide decks; integrated development plan; top line risks and opportunities of potential products.
• Ensure RDLT alignment with the R&D Team recommendation and ensure the R&D recommendation is incorporated in all communications for example to Pipeline Committee, STC and Executive Committee.
• Captures lessons learned and ensure smooth transfer of information to R&D integration lead.
Setting-up and leading R&D early assessment teams. Key responsibilities within this are:
• Liaise with R&D functional line heads and Business Development lead to identify and recruit R&D early assessment team members.
• Lead integrated R&D early assessment ensuring efficient execution of the R&D early assessment process, co-ordination of activities across R&D and efficient interactions with the Business Development team
• Develop R&D Team recommendation, ensure the appropriate coordination of and the preparation and presentation of assessment outputs to decision making bodies, ensure RDLT alignment with the recommendations, ensure the R&D recommendation is incorporated in all communications for example to Pipeline Committee.
Participate in other departmental / R&D initiatives as required
• Manage additional R&D and Departmental initiatives and projects
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Scientific degree (M.Sc, Pharm.D., or Ph.D.) required
• At least 10 years of relevant experience in drug discovery and development (Required)
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.