R&D Electrical Engineer
Company: Johnson Controls
Location: Marinette, Wisconsin
Posted: October 13, 2017
Reference ID: WD30038577284
The Johnson Controls facility in Marinette, Wisconsin has been in operation for more than 100 years supporting generations of employees in manufacturing, research & development, technical services & training, customer services, marketing, product management and more.
Our 700+ employees design, produce, market and support several leading fire protection brands including our globally recognized ANSUL products: fire extinguishers and mobile hose line units; specialized restaurant, vehicle, and industrial systems; sophisticated fire detection/suppression systems and a complete line of fire suppressing agents.
Every year, hundreds of customers from around the world attend the ANSUL Fire School to learn the basics of hands-on portable extinguisher firefighting and we hold dozens of intense product training programs where our 1000+ authorized distributors are instructed and tested in system design, installation, and service.
R&D Electrical Engineer
Work within a team focused on development and support of electronic controllers for automated fire detection and suppression systems. Maintain and enhance existing designs, develop new accessories, and support new product development.
What you will do
• 20% Design and development of product enhancements
• 20% Root cause analysis of failed product
• 20% Compliance and approval support
• 20% Design verification testing
• 20% Support of new product development projects
• Work with internal and external colleagues to accomplish project goals
• Support internal and external customers
• Facilitate meetings, promote cross-functional participation, and lead small project teams as needed
• Develop and execute to project schedules and budgets
• Travel approximately 4-6 times per year
How you will do it
• Component level circuit analysis and design
• Electrical/electronic troubleshooting
• Statistical data analysis
• Excellent written and verbal communications
• Requirements development
• Hands-on approach
• Customer focus
• Computer proficiency including MS Office, LabVIEW, programming/scripting languages for automation, CAD tools
What we look for
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Computer Science
• Fire suppression, automotive, or other industrial experience
• Product design and/or testing experience
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com