Janssen Research & Development, LLC is recruiting for an R&D Finance Director for Infectious Disease Therapeutic Area. The position is highly preferred to be located in San Francisco CA with qualifying consideration for Raritan NJ or Spring House PA.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Mental Health, and Pain Management. Please visit www.JanssenPharmaceuticalsInc.com for more information.
The R&D Finance Director for Infectious Disease Therapeutic Area will provide Financial Leadership to the Global Head (President) of Infectious Disease Therapeutic Area and Global Head (President) of Commercial Strategy (GCSO) for Infectious Disease.
He/she will lead the R&D Finance organization focused on business partnering, portfolio strategy, cash & tax management and audit/ control supporting the Infectious Disease Therapeutic Area. He/she will also provide financial partnering and decision support to over 500 R&D employees across the US and Belgium, with annual R&D spend of ~$650 Million providing ongoing support and growth to $3.2B of global Infectious Disease sales. Additionally, he/she will seek out system and data enhancement for decision support and business council to lead value creation as well as lead and develop a dynamic finance team. He/she will be required to travel within and outside the US of approx. 20 - 25%.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Support the R&D portfolio across Infectious Disease throughout the development cycle (Discovery through Launch) and provide financial leadership on the Infectious Disease Management Board.
• Develop and validate project assumptions and scenarios with project teams/functions. Prepare financial valuations for internal and external projects as well as partnering opportunities. Work closely with the L&A and Innovation Center finance teams on either supporting their efforts in new opportunities or having them support R&D’s efforts where the R&D team is leading the financial analysis on such opportunities.
• Partner with the Commercial, Strategy and Portfolio Analysis, and Project Management Organization teams to influence the prioritization of projects, create value, and drive growth throughout the R&D process. Key activities include the annual Long Range Financial Plan and semi-annual Portfolio Update.
• Support to Infectious Disease R&D functions including Research, Biomarkers, Clinical Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Informatics.
• Financial management of R&D Out Of Pocket (OOPs) spend and Operating Expenses (OPEX) to assure sound investments while seeking out cost savings opportunities.
• Develop timely and actionable information for annual forecasts, strategic plan, and actual results for the functions and projects.
• Oversee 3rd party financial transactions of collaborations for Infectious Disease. Partner with Business Development as needed.
• Assure financial compliance and control for Health Care Compliance, Sarbanes Oxley and Audit requirements
• Lead & Develop a Finance team of 10 employees located in San Francisco CA and Beerse, Belgium.
• Identify and enhance financial data for decision support of Infectious Disease.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) is required
• A major in Accounting or Finance or Economics is preferred
• Master’s degree, MBA, CPA or CMA is preferred
• A minimum of at least 8 years of relevant finance/accounting work experience is required
• Prior people management experiences are required (individual should have multiple years of experience managing others)
• A background from the healthcare, pharmaceutical or bio-tech industries is preferred
• Must have strong financial analysis skills and ability to partner with people at all levels of the organization
• Experience working with globally teams preferred
• He/she will be required to travel within and outside the US of approx. 20 - 25%.
• The position is highly preferred to be located in San Francisco CA with qualifying consideration for Raritan NJ or Spring House PA.
United States-California-South San FranciscoOther Locations
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, North America-United States-New Jersey-RaritanOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.