This position is part of the Ready to Return program - an experienced internship for professionals who have taken a career break of more than two years and are looking to return to the workforce. To help ease the transition back to work, participants in this paid 10-week program will be provided with mentoring and coaching support, training to refresh skills, and opportunities to network and learn about working at PepsiCo.
Ready to Return is held in the New York Purchase/Valhalla area between April and June 2017.
Participants in the Ready to Return program may be considered for open PepsiCo roles aligning with their unique skills and abilities upon program completion.Job Accountabilities:
- Review existing system entries and documentation to discern current in market formulations and assess formulations for adherence to relevant regulations and PepsiCo standards.
- Update legacy formulations to PV 5.0 standards. Insure formulas are safe, stable and legal.
- Ability to certify for FSS documentation oversight role and serve as documentation SME for the beverage organization
- Possess basic technical foundation of ingredient functionality and potential interactions
- Ability to conduct experiments, analyze data and make recommendations to address technical challenges
- Good communication skills both verbal and written, including timely and accurate documentation of work in laboratory notebooks; actively communicates status of research.
- Demonstrates ability to understand application of consumer research and experimental design to project objectives
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to reach project objectives
- Ability to quickly learn and master complex systems to deliver quality documentation
- Ability to research and piece together data from various sources and draw accurate conclusions regarding current formulations in the marketplace
- Ability to assess and organize large amounts of data
- Ability to demonstrate proper laboratory techniques and master formulation norms
- Ability to communicate results in an organized fashion
- Ability to self initiate and manage multiple project tasks and organize and maintain data
- Ability to communicate and highlight risks
The successful candidate will be experienced in the consumer goods industry and demonstrate the following skills:
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Prior experience with PV desired.
- Excellent technical writing acumen
- Strong laboratory skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Strong team player
- Demonstrated ability to collect, organize and communicate data
- Strong communication/presentation skills (verbal and written)
In addition, the following capabilities will be essential to success in the job:
Qualifications/Requirements Education & Experience:
- Ability to provide thought leadership on tactical aspects of projects
- Outstanding time management, self-motivation and ability to work reliably with minimal supervision
- B.S. in Food Science or related discipline or Masters in Food Science or related discipline a plus
- 1-2 years' experience in product development or Quality Control / Quality Assurance a plus
To learn more about the Ready To Return Program, please visit www.pepsicojobs.com/ready-to-return Relocation Eligible
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.