The purpose of R&D Information is to partner with the three R&D science units, namely Innovative Medicines (IMED), Global Medicines Development (GMD) and MEDIMMUNE, to support them in delivering the drug development pipeline.
Our ambition is to provide world-class expertise in Scientific Information & Technology solutions, and to "Make IT inspire R&D
" through the following mission:
- Increase productivity and creative insights - simple, easy to use IT solutions that delight
- Support informed decision making - bringing together the right information at the right time
- Build future competitive advantage - through our expertise in science, technology and information
In delivering to this mission, R&D Information requires people with hybrid skill sets of technical ability and knowledge of the R&D processes.Key Accountabilities for Solution Delivery role
The role holder should deliver tangible and measurable value to the IMED / GMD businesses, by taking a leading role in RDI Delivery of Scientific IT solutions via Programmes/Projects and/or Services
This will be achieved by:
- Establish working relationships with the customer group to develop an understanding of business priorities and insight into changing needs in order to inform and shape demand.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of IS portfolio of services and projects aligned with the drug development business and strategies.
- Contribute to the efforts to understand the business needs and analyze, validate and document the business and system requirements that address these needs.
- Use knowledge and understanding of the GMD business area direction and priorities to drive innovative solutions to issues and challenges faced by the customer area.
- Contribute in developing the capabilities (methods, processes, best practices etc.) in at least one of the Programme- Project- Service Management, Business Analysis or Business Relationship Management capabilities.
- Delivery of excellent services to the GMD business unit, and support service management activities to ensure that services are delivered in accordance with Service Level Agreements and business requirements.
- Support less experienced Project/Service Managers and/or Business Analysts in the execution of their duties.
- There are three positions available.
- No direct line reports
- Task management responsibilities within project or services may occur
Individual is able to cope with standard problems/common situations, is competent at day-to-day application of the capability, and is able to apply and present concepts, information and solutions.
Demonstrates a strong understanding of the processes, stages, activities, and decision points in either preclinical or clinical areas.
Understands the interdependencies between the deliverables of the various functions.
Is comfortable with key decision points.
Applies this knowledge to solve problems and knows when to enlist help from others.
Established knowledge of or some experience of working in a specific disease or therapy area.
Established knowledge of scientific domain, e.g. some experience in working in the scientific domain.
A good understanding of the scientific theory of the scientific domain
A good understanding of the techniques and approaches applied in the scientific area of expertise and how to interpret to derive useful information.
skills in at least three of:
- Project Management
- Business Relationship Management
- Business Analysis
- Service management
skill level in at least one of:
- systems engineering
- service delivery
- Significant project delivery and Business Analysis experience
- Influencing and Innovation skills
- Good communication skills and facilitation skills with the ability to work with others to achieve objectives.
Individual is externally recognised expert and visionary in field and influences industry methodology. Sets organisational strategy for whole of AZExpert
Individual is recognised as expert and visionary in the field, setting direction and strategy. Provides a visible example to others, and is a 'thought leader' in the field (e.g. shows advanced thinking, develops innovative approaches). Stretches others' thinking and challenges them to excel.Professional
Individual is able to cope with unusual/non-standard problems and issues, is aware of alternative options and approaches to situations, can guide or advise others in this skill and is able to look ahead and anticipate requirements. Could be Expert in one area or Professional across several approaches. Takes responsibility for providing feedback to improve methodology, etcCompetent
Individual is able to cope with standard problems/common situations, is competent at day-to-day application of the capability, and is able to apply and present concepts, information and solutionsFoundation
Individual uses relevant capability and is dependent on others for direction when facing something new or unusual.
Apply now to learn more about this exciting opportunity with a world renowned pharmaceutical brand!
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.