We are looking for experienced designers to be a part of our cross-functional Systems Architecture team, developing the data center infrastructure of the future. The Systems Architecture team is at the forefront of the Schneider Data Center solutions effort, working collaboratively with applications engineers, product teams, design tools, and customer project specialists.
As a Mechanical Engineering Intern, you will be contributing to the development of solid models, specification drawings, assembly and prototyping of a new product currently in development.
- The Power Systems Design Engineer will work creating reliable, efficient, and reproducible data center solutions. As a power systems subject matter expert within the Systems Architecture team, you will be responsible for the power architecture in our global reference design offer.
- Develop the architecture for Schneider Data Center solutions which include power, cooling, data management and physical infrastructure
- Lead technical projects in the development of data center offers across Schneider Electric virtual teams and global design centers
- Research the application of products for suitability to be integrated in the data center solution
- Research emerging technologies for increasing reliability and efficiency of critical power systems
- Research integration of renewable energy into our data center reference designs
- Collaborate with Schneider Electric design teams to develop products based on analysis of customer feedback and experience
- Lead and/or participate in Data Center design communities of practice internally and externally
- Other duties as assigned
The team is quickly expanding and the perspective is global. Everyone’s opinion is important and respected as part of a small and well focused team to drive thought leadership in a large global company with a focus on energy management.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred; will also consider a multi-disciplined background with power systems design experience
- Knowledge and experience in electrical distribution systems, alternative energy systems, LV and MV distribution
- Engineering experience with short-circuit analysis, protective coordination, arc flash analysis, and grounding
- International power systems design experience, a plus
- Excellent communication skills; English essential; ability to communicate with multi-cultural global teams
Skills necessary for success are: Being able to work with abstract concepts and make them concrete; being able to break down complex problems into simpler blocks, being detail oriented and methodical; excellent communication and listening skills; and must possess the interpersonal and technical skills to assist and collaborate with sub-system designers and other functions, internally and externally. All colleagues are expected to be passionate, open, straightforward and effective.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.