Synthes Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies is
recruiting for a R&D Manager, Access
and Advanced Energy (Sports
Medicine) in Raynham, MA or Salt Lake City, Utah.
Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and
comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled
breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint
reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological,
cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two
great companies, we have created one organization that will be agile and better
equipped in today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to
develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient
care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
R&D Manager, will manage the design, development and commercialization of
next-generation innovative medical devices used in minimally invasive
- Responsible for concept, design, development and
commercialization of Class I-II medical devices, specifically
electro-mechanical systems and associated sterile, single-use, disposables.
- Lead in the generation of Intellectual Property.
- Set clear expectations for direct reports and
establish roles and responsibilities to manage deliverables to meet business
- Effectively communicate with Business leaders,
Executive Management and key stakeholders on a regular basis to ensure
alignment on project baseline (scope, schedule, and budget), report on
execution of project deliverables and mitigation of risks.
- Drive collaboration with external (e.g.
clinicians) and internal customers (e.g. strategic marketing) to identify unmet
user needs to inform pipeline.
- Serve as a strong mentor to technical staff.
- Oversee the creation of design development plans
and coach teams to execute aggressively and predictably.
develop, mentor and train engineering talent.
with key stakeholders and contribute to business cases and financial models.
responsible for creation and approval of project budget (if appropriate).
and foster the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and compliance, and
actively support our compliance program-related initiatives and activities.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in engineering is
- A minimum of 8 years of professional working experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience within product
development is required.
- Master’s Degree (business or related field) is preferred.
- Previous experience in the design, development and commercialization
of a product is required.
- Experience in Class I-II medical devices: specifically electro-mechanical, disposable,
minimally invasive, or handheld surgical devices is required.
- Prior experience managing engineering teams is
- Project Management Professional Certification
(PMP) is preferred.
- Six Sigma Black Belt is preferred.
- Experience with embedded software systems is preferred.
- Experience engaging with physician customers to discuss and
evaluate design concepts to drive innovation is preferred.
- Experience with Portfolio Planning is
- Exceptional problem solving ability is required.
- The ability to demonstrate strong leadership,
management and team work qualities is required.
- This position may require up to 10% travel.
- This position will be based in Raynham, MA or Salt Lake City, Utah.
United States-Massachusetts-RaynhamOther Locations
North America-United States-Utah-Salt Lake CityOrganization
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function
R&D Engineering (R&D)Requisition ID
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.