With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
Produce complex part models and detailed drawings in support of research and development initiatives. Local administrator of the R&D Enterprise Product Data Management (ePDM) system. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Collaborates with technical resources to develop and iterate film processing tooling, injection molding inserts, coatings, fixtures, testing equipment, and assembly equipment
- Local administrator of R&D Enterprise Product Data Management (ePDM) system for 2-dimensional drawings, 3-dimensional models, and other drawing-related documentation
- Proficient with SolidWorks bottom up and top down assembly modeling
- Proficient with part and assembly configurations, drawing property linking, automatic bill of material creation, utilizing drawing techniques such as master sketches, draft analysis, interference and mating analysis, and utilizing the sheet metal tool to construct corrugate assemblies.
- Articulate the justification of drawing changes in change order documentation, track the progress of the approval process, and follow-up with approvers as needed
- Adheres to ISO 128 and ASME 14.1 drafting standards
- Responsible for comprehensive checking of drawings for accuracy and compliance to change management systems
- Coordinate the fabrication of development tooling and fixtures by requesting quotations, issuing purchase orders, and tracking progress. Responsible for coordinating assembly with internal and/or external resources.
- Self-motivated, goal-driven requiring little oversight
- Takes leadership of design projects, schedule meetings and follow-up with internal customers to keep projects on track
- Preparation of specifications and protocols for the development, testing, and qualification of equipment, processes, or products. Document, initiate, execute and implement product changes through change control processes.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Knowledge of basic mechanical engineering principals and plastic processing
- Must have a good understanding of ISO 128 and ASME 14.1 drafting standards
- Ability to use computers, current release of SolidWorks and ePDM, plotters, and printers
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, in written form, and also using drawings as a medium.
- Must have good attention to detail
- Good organizational skills, be a self starter, and an ability to work independently with a "get it done" attitude
- Ability to translate sketches and concepts into drawings that are effective communication tools
- Strong time management skills
- Associate degree from a two-year college or university and 3 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in medical device or other regulated industry
- Certified SolidWorks Professional (CSWP) certificate
- Certified PDM Professional Administrator (CPPA) certificate
- Certified SolidWorks Professional Advanced Mold Tools (CSWPA-Mold Tools) certificate
- Certified SolidWorks Associate - Simulation (CSWA-S) certificate
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification
- Familiarity with injection mold design and plastic processing techniques
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Familiarity with SolidWorks Rendering/PhotoView
- Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) or Mold Flow Analysis
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
- Coordination, documentation, and execution of software updates for SolidWorks and AutoCAD users.
- Collaborate with other sites to exchange best practices and harmonize standard work
- Assist other designers and draftspersons as needed depending on work load, vacations, etc.
- Render illustrations for use in presentations or in marketing literature
- Maintain a lab notebook, perform experimentation, enter data electronically into spreadsheets, and recommend revisions of tooling and/or part designs
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
- The individual is expected to be able to perform duties throughout the organization, requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as eye protection, ear protection, and toe protection. Not all areas are air conditioned. Compliance with good documentation practices and change control.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.