We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with over $63 billion in net revenue in 2015 and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that in 2015 each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's strength is its people. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, scattered around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals. We believe that acting ethically and responsibly is not only the right thing to do, but also the right thing to do for our business. At PepsiCo, we aim to deliver top-tier financial performance over the long term by integrating sustainability into our business strategy, leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment. We call this Performance with Purpose
. For more information on PepsiCo and the possibilities it holds, visit www.pepsico.com . Functional Description:
PepsiCo recognizes its responsibility to understand the diet and nutrition needs of populations around the globe. The company is tackling these challenges by rethinking its portfolio to deliver healthier products. Today, about $10 billion of PepsiCo's approximately $63 billion in sales comes from nutritious or "healthy" products (fruit juices, oatmeal, nuts and seeds, dairy products, sports drinks etc.). We are committed to tripling this part of our business by 2020.
As part of our commitment, PepsiCo has expanded its research and development team to include a number of world-renowned medical doctors, nutritionists and food scientists who are working together to develop new products and announced a set of industry-leading nutrition goals. Find more information on Performance with Purpose at www.pepsico.com/purpose.html What you can expect:
Intern Project Examples:
- Support the development and implementation of nutrition strategies for the global food and beverage business.
- Support the transformation of the product portfolio to deliver against the R&D nutrition agenda and health & wellness business initiatives.
- Contribute to global nutrition initiatives, which may include:
- nutrition communication
- scientific reviews of nutrition opportunities
- translation of science to product opportunities
- developing programs to support internal and external nutrition education.
- Gain cross-functional knowledge of a World Class Beverage/Food company.
- Strengthen skills in the critical assessment and translation of nutrition science to products and communications.
- Plan and coordinate individual activities that contribute to project results.
- Coordinate and perform independent and team project work to meet objectives.
- Presentation of project results and findings upon completion of internship.
Qualifications/Requirements What we're looking for:
- Development of external communication strategies and material to educate consumers and health professionals about the benefits of orange juice
- Review of the scientific literature around a specific nutrition topic and identification of ways to leverage the science for PepsiCo
- Analysis of global competitive products for assessment of claims, messaging, nutrient profile, and communications strategies
- Currently pursuing a Nutritional Sciences, Health Policy or closely related field
- Knowledge in nutrition science or public health
- Excellent communications skills (both written / verbal) to request, provide, share, and explain information.
- Capable of working in individual or team settings
- Highly energetic, creative, and motivated individuals
- Ability to relocate (as needed) to internship location of Valhalla, NY
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability Protected Veteran:
- Graduate with advanced degree (Master's or Doctorate) within one (1) year of internship completion
- Be eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law ( http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster ) & EEO is the Law Supplement ( http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement ) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser. How to apply:
To be considered for an interview, you must submit your resume with the career center and complete an online application on our website. Relocation Eligible
Not Eligible for Relocation