Discover ingredients, technologies and insights to enable development of superior taste experience for calorie reduced beverages. Job Accountabilities:
Qualifications/Requirements Critical Competencies:
- Lead Identification of target ingredients/technologies and validate functionality in model systems
- Develop technical solutions to mitigate solubility, taste and stability concerns
- Leverage experimental designs to develop robust sensory and analytical test protocols for new ingredients or components
- Effectively communicate technical findings through presentations, publications, or patents
- Effectively protect intellectual property
The successful candidate will drive discovery of new ingredients and technologies leveraging the following skills:
Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong working knowledge of colloid systems, materials science, and their role in beverage taste, texture and flavor.
- Ingredient delivery systems and methods to stabilize ingredients across the pH range
- Analytical and sensory methods to measure texture, mouthfeel, and rheology of beverages
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong Problem Solving/Critical thinking skills
- M.S degree in Chemistry or Food Science with 10+ years R&D experience in consumer products industry
- Ph.D. degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Food Science with 5+ years in Academia or Industry
- Experience working effectively as a member and contributor in cross functional teams
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Experience and track record with patents and IP strategy
- Ready to Drink Beverage experience a plus
Eligible for Standard Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.