Ethicon Endo- Surgery, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a/n Project Director, Surgical Robotics, R&D located in Cincinnati, OH.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
R&D Project Directors, Surgical Robotics, R&D are responsible for leading one or multiple focused, cross-functional team to execute product acquisition or development projects in accordance with criteria specified in performance agreement between the team & the EES Global Management Board of Directors. The scope of the team’s responsibility encompasses market & business analysis, product design or acquisition, manufacturing process design, manufacturing pilot & product market launch. Meeting contract requirements that include: time to market, cost of goods, development costs, quality standard & market size forecast.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead efforts to transition projects from investigations (product concepts & technology) through assessment & recommendations for business opportunities.
- Lead cross-functional development team in executing project objectives according to a written, approved performance agreement.
- Work with partner groups to gain alignment & support to achieve project objectives Perform work as assigned by team in best interest of project success.
- Ensure projects are executed in compliance with regulatory requirements (GMP, ISO, MDD) & EES policy & procedure requirements.
- Transfer product & manufacturing processes from development team to operations & marketing organizations at completion of project.
- Capture & disseminate knowledge acquired during projects to improve EES product development processes & systems.
- Provide constructive feedback & coaching to team members & support personnel to assist in skills development.
- Participate as a senior manager to improve environment & business systems of EES.
- Ensure that domestic & global market strategy, assumptions, business opportunities are measured & periodically reviewed throughout duration of project execution & initial product launch.
- Lead cross-functional team in executing product development performance agreement. Develop comprehensive project plans.
- Establish & assign roles & responsibilities.
- Provide direct communication to management on progress, opportunities & issues. Obtain resources from functional organizations, support groups & outside sources to ensure project success
- Continuously re-evaluate project to determine validity of concept assumptions.
- Foster teamwork within team & between team & other groups.
- Provide career development guidance to direct reports.
- Provide individual performance appraisals & compensation adjustment recommendations to management.
- Participate in interview process for open department positions.
- Supervise direct reports. Domestic & international travel, as required
Other responsibilities may be assigned & not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.Qualifications
- BS / BA in an engineering, scientific, marketing, general business required.
- Advanced technical degree desirable.
- MBA desirable.
- 10+ experience in the product development / marketing process or general management. Proven record of accomplishment: direct association with or leading efforts to develop technically complex products from concept to market.
- Experience in medical or industrial marketing & manufacturing desirable.
- 1+ years experience in managing self-directed work teams.
If you want to explore the many small-company environments behind the big-company impact of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, bid on this position today!
Johnson & Johnson is committed to diversity and invites all interested candidates to apply for positions of interest. EOE M/F/D/V
Please note: In order to be considered eligible for an interview, candidates must apply online through the appropriate web portal.Primary Location
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)Job Function
Product DevelopmentRequisition ID