Critical Competencies: The successful candidate will be experienced in the consumer goods industry and demonstrate the following skills:
- Create and lead global cross functional Technical Teams through the Stage Gate process from Idea Refinement to Launch & Learn
- Communication conduit between the R&D cross functional Technical Team and the Business Team
- Understand the key technical characteristics and general business implications of the broad range of products, process, and packaging technologies used by PepsiCo.
- Positively influence at all levels, within and outside the organization.
- Develop effective working relationships to gain matrix resources to support group's initiatives.
- Create and manage a cross-functional project plan to successfully deliver new product/process/package innovation, globally.
- Facilitate the definition of scope, project goals, and success criteria
- Perform deep risk analysis for complex projects, resulting in risk registers, mitigation strategies, and communication plans
- Clearly communicate project status, risks, and scope creep with impact to all stakeholders on a regular basis
- Develop, manage, and communicate project budgets, timelines, and resource needs
- Highly effective organization, negotiation, coordination, and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone, online, and in person, across multiple cultures.
- Ability to function effectively in stressful, fast-paced situations, with the personal leadership to influence and positively motivate self and peers.
- Meeting facilitation skills
- Experience writing scope statements
- Strong understanding of linking research to business opportunity
- Leadership: Ability to lead and motivate multi-faceted teams
- Team Work: Ability to manage multiple priorities, think on their feet, and execute with speed
- Initiative and follow through : Independent decision maker in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree of Science
- Minimum of 10 years' experience overall
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in project management and PM tools (FMEA, RACI, Microsoft Project, Stage Gate, etc.)
- Experience in a consumer products research & development function a plus
- Background in development and commercialization of new products strongly desired.
- Familiarity with PMI methodology preferred
- Project Management Professional Certified (PMP) is strongly desired
- Six Sigma Knowledge/experience a plus
- Willing to travel globally
- Multi-lingual skills a plus but not required
- Ability to influence and be a strategic thinker
- Team player (good interpersonal skills, able to inspire/lead others)
- Excellent communication skills
Not Eligible for Relocation