As an R&D Project Manager with PepsiCo you will be responsible for development and management of project plans in the Gatorade Platform Global Nutrition Group that result in integrated delivery of a cross functional project at or above the established quality, timeline and budget expectations in partnership with the appropriate stream lead (Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance and R&D functions).
Ensure appropriate initiation, planning and tracking of timelines, budget, resources, risks and scope, recommending alternative strategies to keep the project within thresholds or ensuring escalation to appropriate program manager, project team and governing bodies if necessary.
Recognize specific product-related opportunities to maximize market performance of existing brands and applying solid project management skills to ensure clear communication of project scope, timing, and success criteria. Successful candidates thrive in an environment of fast-paced, consumer-driven product development.Key Responsibilities:
- Create and lead global cross functional Technical Teams through the Stage Gate process from Idea Refinement to Launch & Learn
- Communication conduit between the R&D cross functional Technical Team and the Business Team
- Understand the key technical characteristics and general business implications of the broad range of products, process, and packaging technologies used by PepsiCo.
- Positively influence at all levels, within and outside the organization.
- Develop effective working relationships to gain matrix resources to support group's initiatives.
- Create and manage a cross-functional project plan to successfully deliver new product/process/package innovation, globally.
- Facilitate the definition of scope, project goals, and success criteria
- Perform deep risk analysis for complex projects, resulting in risk registers, mitigation strategies, and communication plans
- Clearly communicate project status, risks, and scope creep with impact to all stakeholders on a regular basis
- Develop, manage, and communicate project budgets, timelines, and resource needs
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree of Science
- Minimum of 10 years' experience overall
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in project management and PM tools (FMEA, RACI, Microsoft Project, Stage Gate, etc.)
- Experience in a consumer products research & development function a plus
- Background in development and commercialization of new products strongly desired.
- Familiarity with PMI methodology preferred
- Project Management Professional Certified (PMP) is strongly desired
- Six Sigma Knowledge/experience a plus
- Willing to travel globally
- Multi-lingual skills a plus
- Highly effective organization, negotiation, coordination, and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone, online, and in person, across multiple cultures.
- Ability to function effectively in stressful, fast-paced situations, with the personal leadership to influence and positively motivate self and peers.
- Meeting facilitation skills
- Experience writing scope statements
- Strong understanding of linking research to business opportunity
- Leadership: Ability to lead and motivate multi-faceted teams
- Team Work: Ability to manage multiple priorities, think on their feet, and execute with speed
- Initiative and follow through : Independent decision maker in a fast paced and demanding environment
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.