The Scientist role will be responsible for executing research projects in the area of Ingredient Applications within Nutrition Technology Applications.Accountabilities:
Qualifications/Requirements Education / Certifications:
- Lead/support key Ingredient Applications strategies and platforms.
- Work with cross-functional R&D colleagues to design and execute research in a scientifically sound manner.
- Analyze experimental data, interpret results and communicate findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Communicate experimental findings to technical peers and managers verbally, and in written reports.
- Interact and collaborate with Operations, R&D partners and support functions (Process Engineering, Product Development, Analytical, Sensory, Statistics, Pilot Plant, etc.) to ensure project success.
- Utilize project management, project leadership and oral/verbal communication skills to manage and/or support multiple projects.
- Utilize knowledge management tools to ensure that research is documented appropriately for future reference.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Food Science (or similar technical field). Advanced Degree required.
Skills & Capabilities:
- One to five years research/design/development experience preferred. Experience in food and/or beverage R&D. Prefer experience on grain based products, fruit or vegetable based foods or juices.
- Must exhibit strong technical capability, curiosity and critical thinking skills that can be applied to project assignments.
- Capable of working in laboratory, pilot plant and manufacturing scale environments.
- Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner in both verbal and written formats.
- Understanding of experimental design, design approaches and application of experimental designs.
- Basic understanding of common sensory analysis methods and tools.
- Ability to productively collaborate with other R&D functions.
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments/tasks.
- Knowledge or experience of basic food process engineering.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
Approximately 10-15% travel required Relocation Eligible
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.