Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
We are looking for an IT Operations Manager to work with R&D site stakeholders and corporate IPO teams in various domains such as Security, Networking, Employee Experience, Delivery & Operations, Software Asset Management, etc. to improve drastically the way employees of an R&D are interacting with corporate IT group.
As a single point of contact (SPOC) for either explain/enforce the global IT programs and help on deployments or being the voice of R&D stakeholders to accompany them with unmet requirements. The IT Operations Manager for R&D, also known as Digital Risk Leader, will adapt IPO domain policies and GIS policies and requirements as appropriate to the various R&D site day to day operations, delivery, and usage of corporate technology assets in the design environment.
In collaboration with the Global Information Security team, the R&D site Digital Risk Leader will:
- Be the Digital Security Leader representing the R&D site and interfacing to regional Security Incidence Owners for Incidence Handling as part of SE’s Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Manage security requirements on relevant platforms with a focus on R&D ‘crown jewels’, drive site security remediation efforts, and support the audits run by internal or external bodies.
- Engage with the Global IT teams to find the appropriate path when the R&D stakeholders face unmet requirements or encounter roadblocks for their R&D activities
- Adapt, execute, and support GIS security programs, policies, KPIs at designated R&D site.
- Engage in application, platform and domain-specific threat modeling and attack surface analysis/reduction at designated R&D site, including process improvement
- Act as first responder/support during critical (high) incidents identified by the Security Operations Center (SOC) or other sources as it related to his site, contributive to investigations and corrective/preventive actions working closely with SOC and stakeholders
- Help prepare reports at appropriate levels of confidentiality for relevant stakeholders to view.
- Help develop and promote R&D site technology security best practices, standards through workshops, knowledge sharing, and process walk-throughs.
- Communicate to a variety of GIS and business stakeholders and perspectives represented at the site any new local/ regional security risks and regulations. This includes but is not limited to R&D, business technology leads, site managers, etc, and anticipate issues to prevent conflict
- Understand well the architecture of the different IT platforms used in Schneider with a special focus on these areas:
o Networking &connectivity in design environments
o Cloud – public/private/hosted, and virtualization
o File Sharing tools (such as Box.com)
o Identity & Access Management including SSO and MFA
o PKI systems, their architectures and operations
Key Results area:
- Improve overall Security posture and IPO compliance at designated R&D sites following the Crown Jewel sites requirements plan
- Identify gaps between specialized R&D site technology operations requirements and corporate IPO policies and build plans to address those gaps.
- Be the sole point of contact for the R&D site for GIS and IPO R&D, acting as an extended member of the team.
Key Processes supported:
- Global security processes
- IPO SDS (“Schneider Digital System”)
- OCP (“Offer Creation Processes”)
- Audit Processes
- Remediation of R&D site security requirements
- SOC Incidence Response Handling
Qualifications - Internal
Bachelor’s degree in related field, with prior knowledge of IT Security areas with a special focus on R&D related applications. Cyber Security/InfoSec Certification(s) such as CISSP, CISM, CSSLP (Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional) would be a plus.
3 years of experience or more, leading IT initiatives, with understanding of fundamentals of security:
- NIST, etc
and IT foundational elements such as:
- Authentication (Active Directory, MFA, Encryption),
- Networking (LAN, vLAN, Firewall, DNS),
- Data Storage & Recovery
- Threat Modeling & Attack Surface Reduction
If our recruiting team determines your background may be a good match for this position, we'll contact you directly regarding the next steps in the process.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are,creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled. It is the responsibility of each employee to inform your manager that you’re applying for a new internal opportunity. If you are not selected for an interview, you will receive electronic notification; you are not guaranteed a call from the recruiting team.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.