Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
You will be a key IT operations lead at an R&D site, adapting global information security and corporate technology policies for local execution. As a Site IT Operations lead, you will be providing R&D technology operations expertise, working closely with corporate and global technology groups to help guide and support the R&D stakeholder community such as software and product developers, in a technically secure and compliant design and innovation environment.
You love to make things happen? You know how to listen & convince engineers, developers? You want to join a company that has a plan to help our world solve the Energy dilemma? Come and see!
As a Site IT Operations lead, you will be a Single Point of Contact for R&D local teams regarding specific IT needs:
- Help R&D local teams navigate across the Schneider Digital organization to make all other IT requests implemented in a timely manner and being an escalation point when appropriate
- Help develop and promote R&D site technology best practices, standards through workshops, knowledge sharing, and process walk-throughs with both R&D stakeholders and other Schneider Digital practices
- According to a framework that will be defined along the year, you will be the local single point of contact for R&D Specialized IT services. You will be responsible for understanding, communicating, and promoting to the local R&D community, some R&D Specialized IT services catalogue items. This catalogue will be deployed progressively according to the sites and may include either specific activities for R&D teams or regular activities that the framework would have adapted for R&D stakeholders. Responsibilities may also include some delivery of the R&D Specialized IT services (typical items we may envision: specific hardware brokering and support, specialized software deployment and support, network support and system administration.
- You will be instrumental in capturing, documenting, and sharing R&D site user IT requirements to both program and Schneider Digital functional leaders to continuously improve and evolve both the corporate catalogue and specialized catalogue to the local capabilities and needs.
As the Site IT Operation lead dedicated to a R&D site, you will also be the site digital risk leader and as such, will:
- Adapt, execute, and support of GIS (Global IT Security) security programs, policies, KPIs at designated R&D site
- Drive site security remediation efforts across R&D teams.
- Act as first responder/support during critical (high) incidents identified by SOC or other sources as it relates to the site. Lead investigations and take corrective/preventive action working closely with GIS and others Digital Risk Leaders
Key Results area:
- Improve overall satisfaction of R&D stakeholders with regards to corporate IT
- Improve overall security posture and corporate IT policies compliance at designated R&D sites
- Identify gaps between specialized R&D site technology operations requirements and corporate IT policies and build plans to address all security needs
Key Processes supported
- Global security policies and processes
- SDS ("Schneider Digital System")
- OCP ("Offer Creation Processes")
- SDL ("Secure Development Lifecycle")
- Remediation of R&D site security requirements
Prior knowledge of IT general areas and related operations. A special focus on R&D related activities is a plus.
5-7 years IT experience, with 2-3 years or more managing IT operations.
- System administration (Windows, Linux, MacOs)
- Networking, connectivity in design environments
- Cloud- public/private/hosted Identity & Access Management
- General cybersecurity knowledge
- Service oriented approach
- Communication and analytical skills
- Problem solving capability
Bachelors degree in related field
If our recruiting team determines your background may be a good match for this position, we'll contact you directly regarding the next steps in the process.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are,creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled. It is the responsibility of each employee to inform your manager that you’re applying for a new internal opportunity. If you are not selected for an interview, you will receive electronic notification; you are not guaranteed a call from the recruiting team.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.