Your tasks and responsibilities
Bayer U.S. LLC's West Sacramento, CA, office seeks an R&D Specialist III to represent the Molecular Assisted Breeding (MAB) group by giving direction to breeding programs in designing and executing the process of continuous variety development.
The primary responsibilities of this role, R&D Speicalist III, are to:
Who you are
- work in one or more crops
- be responsible for efficient execution of project activities,
- data analysis,
- reporting results within a short time to provide decision guidelines for the breeders in the process of commercially successful variety development,
- develop and execute new projects
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- master's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Plant Breeding, Biology, Biotechnology, or a related field
- five (5) years of experience in a related position
- Genetics and Molecular Biology;
- handling and troubleshooting DNA extractions, PCRs, Real time PCRs, Cloning, Gel runs, Genotyping;
- using R or other platforms to curate and analyze large datasets;
- handling huge data sets from Next Gen and Sanger Sequencing using Galaxy and other platforms;
- project proposal writing, set up, and execution; and
- Marker assisted breeding tools, such as QTL mapping, marker discovery and validation, Genome Wide Association, Super Segregant breeding, marker assisted backcrossing, marker assisted selection, germplasm characterization for diversity.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location:
A little about us:
Why Bayer? Because we’re a pioneer in the fields of human, animal, and plant health. Because we invent solutions that will create a sustainable future for our planet. Because a career with Bayer means you can put your passion into practice and make an impact.