The Global R&D Open Innovation, Alliance Management, and Technology Scouting Group is seeking qualified candidates to lead Technology Scouting efforts in the Nutrition category. The selected candidate will play a leadership role in assuring the successful identification and utilization of external technologies to accelerate the innovation agenda.
- Lead consultative needs assessment to identify gaps/needs for technology to insure effective execution of research programs, identify new innovation opportunities.
- Lead Open Innovation brief development and proliferation to appropriate partners within our OI ecosystem, manage key external partner engagements, and assure successful OI utilization across PepsiCo R&D.
- Lead nutrition technology scouting missions across grains, dairy, fruit/vegetable and agriculture.
- Lead detailed technical/financial analysis and negotiation for key external partnerships/licensing opportunities.
- Lead nutrition category reporting including portfolio reviews, quarterly updates, executive briefings and ad hoc requests. Ensure all external technology opportunities are reviewed for fit and captured within a centralized database.
- Support the development of key external partnerships through: preliminary, non-confidential material review; development of NDAs, Master Agreements in alignment with category teams and S&PM
- Help define standards for achieving Go/No Go decisions for technology opportunities, and communication of decisions to potential partners.
- Participate in technology mapping exercises across nutrition platforms and capabilities.
- Work cross-functionally to communicate competitive insights within the nutrition category and to the broader organization.
- Scientific training with advanced education or equivalent in a relevant field with a minimum of 15 years industry experience. Must be well versed in open innovation, strategy, technology assessments and program management. Financial experience/MBA is a plus.
- Must have prior experience in developing external partnerships, technology assessments and deal negotiation.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to think strategically and to present vision/strategy effectively to senior management.
- Able to effectively engage with both technical and business partners from front end discovery through commercialization. Must be effective in framing value propositions to get organizational 'buy in'.
- Demonstrated ability to lead effective external collaborations and deliver results through excellent interpersonal skills and clear verbal/written communications.
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams in cooperative analysis and problem solving; driving towards key go/no go decisions.
- Must be willing and able to travel 30% of the time
Eligible for Standard Relocation