The R&D Sr.Technician for Beverage Application role is part of the Global Beverage Functional Capability R&D group - Beverage Applications team.
Supports projects and coordinates with scientists directed towards Beverage Applications on Sugar reduction, Fortify & Clean label ingredients and Colloidal Science platforms
Executes research with scientists and properly document product formulations and research works supporting Sugar reductions, Fortify & Clean label ingredients and Colloidal Science platforms in Beverage Applications to enable effective & efficient global commercialization of product innovations. Job Accountabilities:
- Provide product formulation support by accurately preparing laboratory beverages and concentrates
- Maintain laboratory and sample inventory of ingredients and supplies
- Maintain laboratory equipment
- All formulas and research works are entered into Electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Implement and maintain storage studies
- Submission of samples for analytical and sensory evaluation
- Plan, conduct and coordinate production runs, manage ingredient orders, expiration, handling, prepare batch sheets, schedule and run tech center, ensure product meets specifications
- Plan, conduct and report for all works including but not limited to production runs, shelf life studies, ingredient assessments
Qualifications/Requirements Education & Experience:
- Ability to manage and learn a wide variety of different research area such as sugar reductions, fortify & clean label ingredients and colloidal science.
- Ability to manage and learn a wide variety of different products characteristics from cold fill to thermal processed beverages, conduct bench-top sensory tasting, ingredients stability testing ,etc.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skill and manage multiple project tasks to support the individuals of the workgroup, manage time and expectations for group needs. Effectively communicate conflict of requests.
- Ability to demonstrate proper laboratory techniques and equipment handling.
- Electronic Laboratory notebook up to date containing all experiments including methods, formulas and results
- BS in a scientific field with bench work experience. Prior Beverage/Food experiences a real plus.
- Ability to flawlessly execute bench work, plan ahead for tech center runs, ability to communicate with several plant coordinators to ensure ingredient supply.
- Ability to proactively and positively interface with various analytical functions in order to assure timely execution of testing.
- Must be well organized, capture work details and learning and highlight any unexpected learning.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written), manage expectations of group support.
- Outstanding team working skills, strong initiative, and reliable
- Ability to analyze and communicate implications of experimental results
- Computer Skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds repeatedly
Not Eligible for Relocation