This position is part of the Ready to Return program - an experienced internship for professionals who have taken a career break of more than two years and are looking to return to the workforce. To help ease the transition back to work, participants in this paid 10-week program will be provided with mentoring and coaching support, training to refresh skills, and opportunities to network and learn about working at PepsiCo.
Ready to Return is held in the New York Purchase/Valhalla area between April and June 2017.
Participants in the Ready to Return program may be considered for open PepsiCo roles aligning with their unique skills and abilities upon program completion.
This position will advocate for the R&D position in formulating and translating strategy to drive decisions to optimize the total R&D portfolio. As the Strategy Manager, this person will interface with the Beverage Category Strategy team, the Corporate Strategy office, and the Beverage Category R&D team. The responsibilities associated with this role are outlined below. Accountabilities:
- Support the Beverage R&D Strategy leader to:
- define the requested innovation, productivity, and compliance allocation of resources as well as ensure the portfolio is balanced for short and long-term goals
- provide input into the "where to play" and "how to win" analyses and recommendations
- translate strategic intent into actionable work plans and deliverables including return, risk, technology and capability investment and timing
- ensure continuity of R&D plans and alignment of resources
- Interfaces with the Platform Leaders and their teams to drive effectiveness & efficiency of R&D in delivering the Beverage Category innovation agenda
- Positively influence at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Contribute to portfolio reviews and analysis for R&D leadership on a recurring and an ad hoc basis by being well informed on projects within program.
- Contribute to the assessment of R&D capabilities required to enable the growth agenda and portfolio of the future, updated annually as part of R&D SCP.
- Provide analytical support for data-driven recommendations (both an internal and "outside in" perspective) to R&D leadership
- Support in developing the IP Strategy (Patent portfolio & leverage) for beverage category
- Develop effective working relationships to gain matrix resources to support group's initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred.
- Candidate will be experienced in the consumer goods industry, management consulting, or strategy function.
- Data analytics
- Business acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of linking research to business opportunity (business case development)
- Ability to lead multi- faceted teams
- Highly effective organization, negotiation, coordination, and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities & comfort in matrix organization.
To learn more about the Ready To Return Program, please visit www.pepsicojobs.com/ready-to-return Relocation Eligible
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.