At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Exelon Nuclear is looking for a Radiation Protection Technical Specialist at our Quad Cities Station in Cordova, IL (25 miles north of the Quad Cities).
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Is accountable for implementing the station technical programs such as Dosimetry, Instrumentation, respiratory programs, self assessment and CAP processes, procedure implementation, and other programmatic processes as assigned. Implements the long term planning processes of Exelon to insure programs are up to date from a regulatory and a technical perspective.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Attend meetings representing Radiation Protection with regards to programmatic issues with NOS, regulators, and station CAP.
- Coordinate procedure changes to programs with the site and fleet and write transition plans to insure appropriate communications and change management.
- Tracking and monitoring RP metrics for technical programs and generate corrective actions to insure programs are free of regulatory risk.
- Work with fleet peers to benchmark and improve programs to industry best performance including cost, execution, and standardization.
- Perform assessments of programs to identify problems and systematically correct
- Implement corrective actions, self assessments, and benchmarking into departmental and self learning objectives and develop training material to be used to improve department performance.
- Perform in field observations of work and insure that appropriate standards of performance are met
- B. S. Degree in Health Physics (or related field) and one year related work experience in radiation protection
- Associate Degree in Health Physics (or related science) and 3 years related experience in radiation protection
- High school diploma with ANSI 3. 1 RP technician qualifications, or at least 5 years of RP-related experience in at a nuclear power facility
- Excellent computer skills. Capability to learn passport, excel, access, Canberra system software, and other software as needed to manage and implement programs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- NRRPT Certification
- Must be able to independently perform program reviews, procedure writing, and data analysis
- Must be able to use interactive skills to engage the peers and the site RP department
- Will be able implement interpersonal knowledge and skills to oversee any program area assigned including dosimetry, instrumentation, respiratory protection or other program as assigned
- Must have critical self and field reviews and actively coach to improve site performance.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.